Golden Brands GW444

I poured this soy Sunday into an 8 ounce square mason and a 10 ounce apothecary container. It took the color well and the tops set up perfectly flat. I did a 4 hour burn on each container yesterday and another 4 hour burn on them today. I will contine the burns on each tomorrow. This is a great burning soy, very pretty looking container candle and easy to wick. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it and how they like it. I have yet to try the449 but may get to it later in the week.

I poured this soy Sunday into an 8 ounce square mason and a 10 ounce apothecary container. It took the color well and the tops set up perfectly flat. I did a 4 hour burn on each container yesterday and another 4 hour burn on them today. I will contine the burns on each tomorrow. This is a great burning soy, very pretty looking container candle and easy to wick. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it and how they like it. I have yet to try the449 but may get to it later in the week.

Here's the results thread:http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9521

But how well does it throw scent? And did you get the crack like some of the other posters did?

FYI, Millcreek has now listed GW444 on their website. They call it "Golden Soy Blend 444". It's $47 per 50lb.

With the regular MC soy at $37, shipping to me takes it to $51. The new GW444 would be $61 to me, and raise the cost $0.20 per lb to $1.22, and not have to add anything to it (besides UV inhibitor). Currently at $6 per lb of BW I'm adding 1/2 oz BW per lb of soy, the cost of adding BW to soy is $0.19 per lb.

So it's pretty much a wash as far as price goes. Factor in the time savings from pouring hotter, and it makes it worthwhile to switch.

But then I have to retest all I've done so far, which fortunately is not alot, only about seven jar/wick/scent combos.

This is fun! :yay: I'll have to return Jason's call today.