I am so excited!!!

MommaD

My husband bought me two soaping books!!!! He's FINALLY ready to let me try making soap!!!! He's been so afraid that I would get hurt by the lye, that's he's been afraid for me to try it.

But, yesterday morning, I unwrapped Smart Soapmaking, and The Everything Soapmaking Book!

I am SO excited. I have read the Smart Soapmaking Book. It's an excellent book. I have also been reading threads on here for years. I am going to read the everything soapmaking book, and then as soon as I can gather all my materials, find someplace that actually has lye, and send the boys to their grandparents for the day, I am going to make soap!

congratulations!! making soap is very fun and you will enjoy it. And what's this that your husband is finally ready to let you make soap?? sorry that does not sit well with me. once you make it, he'll love it so much he'll wish you'd done it sooner. never let a man (or any person) rule you like that.

now get to making some soap. you have some soaping to do. :smiley2:

My husband doesn't rule me. I simply have respected his wishes that I not do it. If I had, he wouldn't have said anything, other than the fact that he was terrified that I would get burned with the lye.

I am however, super excited.