Wholesale

joyofsoycandle

WOW!! I already have a wholesale inquiry!! I just got my website on here!! Only thing is, she wants to resell on her online website. What do you all think? I havent really been selling alot. Just a few here and there around town. But jan or feb the lady at the hospital gift shop plans to buy wholesale to put in the gift shop. Would you guys do it? Since I just got my website, and now she wants to resell them online. lol. Whats your opinions? Thanks again!! :yay:

She would definitely need to buy in quantities. I personally have a $150 first time order and $100 reorder minimums.

My jars I have a maximum of 3 scents per case also. I don't want to pour one jar in this, one jar of that. That's not condusive to selling wholesale, IMO.

Definitely write up your terms & conditions (minimums, payments, etc) BEFORE you agree to anything.

You also need her resell ID so the sales tax liability is hers. Good luck!

Minimum per order and minimum per item. Usually your batch size. Like my batch size per 9oz balmoral is 8 - so my wholesale minimum is 8. My batch size of soap is 12 so my minimum per scent is 12. Make sure you get your terms down on paper before you go committing yourself to wholesale orders. Good luck with your new account!

BTW does anyone have a wholesale contract you wouldnt mind emailing me? And also what are the minimums that most of you all sell things at...like how many votives per scent...how many tarts per scent....do you all sell jars by the case? How do you all do it...so i can get some ideas. thanks!!

BTW does anyone have a wholesale contract you wouldnt mind emailing me? And also what are the minimums that most of you all sell things at...like how many votives per scent...how many tarts per scent....do you all sell jars by the case? How do you all do it...so i can get some ideas. thanks!!

I dont use a wholesale contract. I simply typed up my terms and conditions and email them to any prospective wholesalers. They must agree to the terms and conditions prior to making their first purchase.

Hi Laura

Yes sell sell sell. As for a min. order I usually sell wholesale candles by the cases. I sell 16oz jars and they come 12 candles per case.

As far as a contract I have seen a website where you can download forms from. I can't remember that site but if it comes to me I'll let you know. However I usually sell wholesale to anyone. My website is mostly for wholesale customers.

Darrin_B

150.00 is not steep at all. Once you start adding items up, that 150.00 would be covered in no time at all. It would be easier to make your minimums per your batch size. If you can make 8 votives per lb of wax, make your min of votives at 8 per color/scent selection. If you think thats too little, increase it to 16.

Im just not sure what the minimums should be for votives, & tarts. Do you think $150.00 is kinda steep for a first order, and $100 for reorders, or would you start at $100?

Thank you all of you!

$150.00 for a min. wholesale order is really conservative. Mine is 250.00+ considering the circumstances. My re~order is 150.00. My accounts are great, they usually let me pick the scents that sell the best. My advice to you is to insist on case quantities. Its easier to ship, pack and store (good marketing tip) and you should convey this to your customers.

I am with EB, I don't do contracts. I type up the terms (depending on location, relationship and first order size) letting them know that the first 2 orders are payable when they order. Cash or credit card. After that, depending on how timely they actually pay, and re-order size~ I grant them net 30. You have to separate the men from the boys, so to speak. You don't want people just ordering wholesale cause they can get cheaper prices. You want legitimate businesses you can form relationships with and grow into larger accounts. Offer them other items that you sell. Cross sell, up sell and keep selling girlie...!!! I am all about wholesale.

thank you so much for all your help! Well she emailed me back and said shes interested in regular and specialty jars...and also tarts. So, I told her basically...in more professional terms LOL ....that the minimum is $150.00 for the first and all reorders. And the minimums per item are that..jars are sold by the case...3 scents per case. and tarts are sold by the dozen (1 scent per dozen). My prices for wholesale were:

Jars $50.00/case

Specialty Jars $60.00/case

Tarts $5.50/dozen

I just took my cost and multiplied by two. And mentioned to her that payment is due upfront. And all that good stuff lol. So we will see if I hear back from her!! I am always worried once they hear the big wholesale mumbo jumbo that they will run for it LOL. Ok, so thats a start. I couldnt of done it without all of my sweet candletech buddies!!! :highfive: :yay:;) And if this one doesnt work out, there will be more. So I will just keep chuggin along LOL. Thanks for all your help!

thank you so much for all your help! Well she emailed me back and said shes interested in regular and specialty jars...and also tarts. So, I told her basically...in more professional terms LOL ....that the minimum is $150.00 for the first and all reorders. And the minimums per item are that..jars are sold by the case...3 scents per case. and tarts are sold by the dozen (1 scent per dozen). My prices for wholesale were:

Jars $50.00/case

Specialty Jars $60.00/case

Tarts $5.50/dozen

I just took my cost and multiplied by two. And mentioned to her that payment is due upfront. And all that good stuff lol. So we will see if I hear back from her!! I am always worried once they hear the big wholesale mumbo jumbo that they will run for it LOL. Ok, so thats a start. I couldnt of done it without all of my sweet candletech buddies!!! :highfive: :yay:;) And if this one doesnt work out, there will be more. So I will just keep chuggin along LOL. Thanks for all your help!

I just wanted to say. Don't be dissappointed if you don't hear back from her. I hope you do! But don't be dissappointed.

Good luck!