EZsoy users

EZ Soy™ is made of 100% Soybean Oil! Clean burning and little to no soot! Non-Toxic, Biodegradable & Environmentally Safe! High Quality, Longer burning than paraffin! Melts fast and easy, even in the microwave. Cleans up with just soap & water. No repours necessary & fast set up. Great adhesion to glass jars! Excellent cold & hot scent throw! Works great with most fragrance oils & essential oils! Melt Point: 125 degrees

That is taken from

http://secure.candlesupply.com/catalog_page_Quick_Pick.cfm?queries_index=index8&ProductCodeID=37&ProductSubCodeID=122&NewProduct=0

I use EZSoy, and have tried a few others...This is one of those you either love or hate...I love....:)

You may wanna try their message board, and get a little bit further help..

That's funny Fern-Marie! :grin2: And it is true most of the time! I have been able to succeed on numerous occasions, tho, to get some rather pretty candles with EZ. Because of the wonderful throws my customers tell me not to change the wax! But I may sneak a new candle in if this new wax turns out good!

Personally, the EZ Soy is more trouble than it is worth. :sad2:

The hot and cold throw are good.

But it does makes an ugly candle. (Tops are ugly, and candle seeps and bubbles in the heat very easily)

And wicking it is a PITA!!!santacry

I have found that it changes from batch to batch!!

Which all 100% soys do.

From what I was told, it is just 100% soy, and I was told it was from GF... Hey maybe we should ask Jason from GF!!!:D )

I use a blend now and found it more consistant, soooo much eaiser to wick, and the hot and cold throws are just as good!! I don't have to worry each time I make a batch if my candle will burn right, look good...ect. They always come out nice looking and smell great..

My customers did not notice any difference in the scent throw when I switched,

and my testers have said my new wax blend even smells stronger than when I used the EZ soy!!!

As MooChelle says:

I use EZSoy, and have tried a few others...This is one of those you either love or hate...I love....:)

I loved it at one time, then it caused me soo many wicking problems, time and money that I will never buy it again. santa mad This is Just my

opinion and results that I have found with this wax...

As far as the wax changing from batch to batch I have not noticed this.I have been using this wax for almost 4 years and probably have made about 15,000 candles between my dad and I and we havn't noticed any problems even with the candles being dull. Of the 5 soy waxes that I have tried eco soy 125 I believe was the worst soy wax that I tried.

Let me see if I can clear this up for some of you.

First, it is almost imposable to track down the origins of soy wax. There are only about four refineries that refine soy for candle wax purposes. Now we do special label some products and that is no secret, but this doesn’t mean that every soy on the market is ours. Even if the soy does come directly from us there is a confidentiality clause that forbids us from talking about it. Furthermore, I do believe that other re-fineries also special label packages.

Second, there are hundreds of blenders out there that buy soy from us and other refiners. They take the soy and either re-packages it or re-blends it and sells it under another name. We have no way of knowing what is ours or what is not ours once it leaves our plant. Some smaller blenders may even buy from our distributors and re-blend it and re-sell it. This really makes it impossible to track the soy down.

My advice is to find soy wax that works for you, is costly, and stick with it. Where it comes from is impossible to find out. I don’t even know half the time. What is important is cost and effectiveness.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Hi jason. Thanks for the clarification. I agree, except several times I have ordered 5 pound samples, liked the wax, reordered 50 to 200 lbs. and for some reason it doesn't seem to work as good as the sample. Maybe it is just I am taking more time with the sample? Mainly, it is a wicking issue. For instance, the sample takes an eco 6 in a jj. Next candle from the larger pkg. takes a 10? I guess I want to have the perfect blend that is consistant from one batch to another. I know...the perfect candle! I do understand that soy is peculiar, I guess, I just don't want to buy a bunch more wax thinking it is something different, and find out it is the same that I already have. By the way, I like how the 444 burns. It did have the crack and sink hole, but poke and repour cured that. Seems to be throwing good. Couldn't wait more than almost 24 hrs for curing, I'm too impatient! Thanks again. Beth