Cin Stick Help

Ok , HELPPPPP LOL

I am trying these new 4 " cin sticks that I got from Bittercreek. I thought putting them in the mold before pouring would work- WRONG- they were not standing up straight. Then I thought that as soon as I pour, put them in- WRONG.. I know that this first one is going to look like crap and I feel that I out way too many in there because they kept tilting over...

What is the key to getting the cin sticks to stick straight up ?? I can't wait to see the mess of this pillar when it comes out.. LOL

Christina

OK, first let me say I know nothing about pillars but I have seen these candles in the store. What if you made your pillar, took it out of the mold, glued or hot waxed the cinn sticks on the outside of the candle and then dipped the pillar in clear wax a few times? Does this make sense? Please ignore me if this is just a stupid solution. I only make votives and some containers. Good Luck.

ps...I love your snowman!

It sounds like you're making a pillar that will burn down the middle leaving a wall with cinnamon sticks remaining, is that correct? Though I'd strongly advise against it(even with liability insurance), if you're going to do it anyway test very carefully and wick down on the side of safety. Now having said that...

The easiest way I can think of would be like making a hurricane. put an insert down in the mold that would leave just enough room for the sticks. You could even use a straight sided plastic cup with the bottom cut out. It would only need to hold them in place while you pour the wax and ice or cool the outside of the mold a bit. Once the shell starts getting solid remove the insert and add a bit more wax if needed. It would probably help also to soak the sticks in the wax first, so that when you pour, there wont be any trapped air bubbles.

I wouldn't do it either, unless it is a hurricane that will in no way cause the flame to reach the cinn. sticks. Don't go by what you see in stores, lol. In Target the other day I saw a regular 3 x 6 pillar that was nothing but pot pourri & wax with a wick in it. What's wrong with that, you ask? I know from dumb experience, lol. Before I ever thought about making candles, a friend of mine said she made pot pouri candles for her family each year. So I thought, that's a neat idea, duh! After pouring the candles--oh these were container candles--I decided to light one to see how they burned-HA! In a matter of minutes I had a torch!! I felt so stupid!! But this is the kind of stuff you will find at some stores. Thank goodness I learned the proper way to make candles.

Pam R