Black smoke comes when burns

When I burn my candles Black smoke keeps rising what do I need to do

thanks

Tlw

I used zinc-core wicks (6" 51-32-18Z)

I use the one pour container wax and use the 6 oz tin with a lid of course i burn it without the lid on it. they are about 3 to 3.5 in diam.

I usually get that when the wick is too long. Also, some wicks produce more "soot" than others, so it will require some researching to figure out which wicks will work best for your application and wax type.

There are so many variables to consider...unfortunately, you'll probably have to just do trial and error until you find a combo that works well.

That answer probably produced more questions for you :embarasse

Well along with topofmurrayhill's sugestions, :laugh2: I'd also like to make sure you aren't using to much FO. You should usually start with 1oz of FO per lb (by weight) of wax. You can go up as much as 1.5oz per lb of wax but no more than that or you'll get a black smokey candle. I agree with the other suggestions you may need to wick down a size.

Karen B

don't worry about the crazy feeling, it is normal. I tested candles for a year before I sold them and worried for about 3 months after that. No problems at this point. Wick down to start with go to a 44 and please tell us what wax you are using.