Perfect Combo!!!!FINALLY

Im going to order some of these wicks. Ive only made one candle so far lol but I ordered ez soy wicks and now ive read not such good things about them. Of course I will use them to see for myself but will compare them to the cdn's.

Im using a mason jar from wsp. The description of the jar says 3.25in by 5in. Its 16oz. Can you guys give me your opinion on what size cdn I should try?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I must say that for my first soy candle experience GB464, the CandleScience video and supplies gave me perfect results.

I made pillars back in the mid 80's with slight success. Not enough to continue making candles but now with all your help and information I've now made 12 exceptional soy candles!

I have some coconut oil on the way, CDN and ECO wicks and some new FOs. (pretty cool...I'm learning the lingo.

4 months ago my wife ordered 10 "Exquisite Scentements" soy candles on Ebay. Jelly jar candles. Not very pretty and they burned down the middle and had little scent throw. Now I know what is wrong with them. I put them in a double boiler, melted the wax and pulled out the wicks. I put ECO 14 wick pieces back in and let them cool. They look better than when she bought them and they burn with a perfect quarter inch melt pool!

As soon as I make my next batch I will post pictures.

Thanks to all for your experiences!

Edited by Howard

Accckk, I spoke too soon. Doing side by side testing with CD's, CDN's, and HTP's, some wax/FO combo's do better with one wick type (not necessarily always CDNs) than another. Glad I didn't get rid of my other wicks prematurely. Crap! I still have to test everything from square zero. :angry2:

Naomi