New Website

Paulette

First of all, your site looks beautiful. The pictures are awesome and I like the set up. There were just a couple of things that I noticed. Now this is just my opinion as a consumer. I think that you should have links to other pages, for instance when you are selling your melties you mentioned the tart burners, you should make this a link, so that I could just click on it and go right to the tart burners. The way your drop down menus read is a little confusing. After awhile I understood how you had it set up, but to an average person it could be confusing. For example on the melties you have price as $4.50, but in the drop down it says 12 pack for $4.00. Then I realized that you meant an additional $4 (is that right??) Just a little confusing with that. Also I think that you should list your scents that you offer with your candles instead of sending me to another page to find what scent I want. (Its all about convience for the customer.) Okay and last thing, regarding your online parties, how much would I have to sell to earn free candles? Would I just get 1 candle? I think that you need more detail or maybe add a chart showing examples of how many candles someone could receive for a certain dollar amount. Okay, that's it, I hope I wasn't too brutal. One thing that I learned is that you need to look at everything from your customer's point of view. You might know that the tart burners are for tarts or that its an additional $4 for 6 more votives or whatever, but sometimes it needs to be explained for your customers. Like I said before, it is a beautiful site and the pictures are awesome. You will have fun updating it constantly. HTH. :)

Judging from your URL, http://www.theprimmarket.com/shoppe/sites/PollyannasAttic/index.php

theprimmarket.com is apparently the place that has exceeded it's bandwidth limits, so it's probably not your specific site thats hogging up the bandwidth, but one or more of the other sites it hosts.

Looks like you probably just have your domain forwarded to a folder on their server.

I personally feel if you're going to do real buisness on the web, you should have your files on your own domain instead of a re-direct to another domains folder.. it just looks a little more professional.

As an outfit providing hosting, doing things that way allows them to allocate bandwidth to each account, so the other users are not penalized when another site racks up the bandwidth (as has apparently happened in your case)

I really like the layout and the pics. Here's some typos & grammer notes I noticed.

On your about me page:

2nd paragraph: you might change "Russ doing service and I managed .." to either "Russ did and I managed" or "Russ doing and me managing" so that they're in the same tense.

2nd to last paragraph: change "Her & her husband" to "She & her husband"

On your votives page: palm votives: "all natural" instead of "all nature"

On your fundraisers page: "mosst popular"

Ordering & shipping: "I like to pour ..." change you to your.

First off, I want to say I really like your site. I like the looks and ease of browsing. Being on dial up, it loaded fast as well. You've done an excellent job on it. These are just a few little things...

My candles are extensively tested and formulated to ensure that you are getting the best long-lasting and a romatic candle.This just doesn't fit in here and missing an N. We also use No Lead Wicks. They both need to be either single or plural.

They come in a 6pk. and 12 pk. Whether or not you put a space between the number and pk should be consistent throughout, on all pages.

Do the melties only come in palm or do they got to choose?

This is our most popular bears for dipping Again, either These or bear.

* Place on a pretected, heat resistant, level

surface.

* Keep candle free of wick trimmings, mateches

or other foreign matter that could be a

fire hazard.

* Burn candles one(1) hour for each inch of it's

diameter. This allows the flame time to

melt the wx to the outer edge. Burning less

time will cause the candle to core burn

down the middle & shorten burn time.

Example: a 3" wide candle shoul be burned

3 hours at a time.

* To extinguish a candle, use a candle snuffer,

or hold fingers in front of the flame and

blow. This will prevent hot wax from

splattering on furniture.

This I'm just curious about. How can you blow it out if your fingers are in front of the flame. Now, I cup my hand behind the candle to blow it out, but I think that's a different purpose. I've just never heard of this.

* Remove wax from holders by running ver hot

water over them.

Shipping will be by USPS Priority. If you want

your order to come by Parcel Post please add

that in the comment section. Otherwise it will

come USPS Priority. Insurance will be

available. This sentence should be ather beginning of the nest paragraph to make more sense.

I strongly recommend it as once it leaves here I

will not be responsible for lost or damaged

merchandise..

I got it just fine but maybe I am late here and it is corrected.The ones I have problems with are the X to get the image so i miss alot.Can someone tell me WHY?I am not real computer literate but usually have no problems till that.

LynnS

I got it just fine but maybe I am late here and it is corrected.The ones I have problems with are the X to get the image so i miss alot.Can someone tell me WHY?I am not real computer literate but usually have no problems till that.

LynnS

X to get image? I'm not sure what you mean..

I am totally confused as to your prices. For example, your votive section says they come in a 6 pk. or a 12 pk. and indicates under the description that the price is $9. Is that $9 for a 6 pk. or $9 for a 12 pk. Then when I did a "test" purchase, the price came up on the Paypal checkout as $12.90.

Same thing with the melties. The price says $4.50 under the description, it says $4.00 in the option drop down box, but when I did a "test" buy, the price came up $12.35 on the Paypal checkout.

I haven't checked the other candle prices but unless I'm totally missing something (which is always possible!), it's very confusing!

LynnS

LOL Lynn..if you see a red X there, it means that there is a broken link. Nobody can see the picture or get to it with the red x. Well..almost nobody, sometimes it can be done, but we won't go into that right now :D To clarify, the red X is NOT a way to get to the image! it means somebody somewhere screwed up!