Best laser printer for clear gloss labels?

lsbennis

I just purchased a new color laser printer (brother HL-3040) to print on clear gloss labels for laser printers, and it eats, fries and crunches my labels! :shocked2:

I called Brother and they said that it may not be compatible with that label...well isn't that just wonderful! So my question is for those who use clear labels what do you think is the best printer for this?

Thanks for any suggestion, this is very frustrating! :sad2:

I use an HP. It's older - 3 years, but it works well still. When you do a control P to print labels, click on properties and a screen will come up. You can choose the type of paper you are using in your printer. That changes the way the printer prints out that particular paper. You may want to try that and see if it helps. I'm sorry you're having problems!

I use an HP. It's older - 3 years, but it works well still. When you do a control P to print labels, click on properties and a screen will come up. You can choose the type of paper you are using in your printer. That changes the way the printer prints out that particular paper. You may want to try that and see if it helps. I'm sorry you're having problems!

Yes, I 2nd that. If you select like a high gloss type label it cuts the heating process down. You'll notice the difference when you touch the label sheet when it comes out that it's not so hot.

Clear gloss laser labels MUST be printed on the "transparency setting." My HP 2600 laser will print the clear labels but darkens the sheet if you run it thru more than once. I have an older Lexmark C510 that will print the transparencies (clear gloss labels.) Carole

Thanks everyone for your help....it looks as if my printer does not have a setting for transparency, soooo it is going back in the box and to the store it came from and this time I will make sure to ask if it has this setting:tiptoe:

As far as I know they are for laser printers...I ordered them from labelsbythesheet.com and specifically clicked on the box for laser. Perhaps there was a mix up on their part but I wouldn't be able to determin that unless I ordered more labels and since I really need labels done now I'm going to take it back and bring some of the labels with me to show the sales person to make sure they know what I'm talking about.

• 11 months later...