$850 for a 10x10

daniedb

Dang.

Seriously. $1,700 for a 20x20 - oh, I'll just pop that check right in the mail. :P

It's a Junior League show in San Antonio, and they must do well, given that they take up a huge room at the Convention Center. Sheesh. Can you even imagine? I guess you rake it in, but I just cannot fathom paying that much for a show, when you're not sure you'll make it back.

I think I'll visit the show next year and see how everyone's doing, maybe make some friends and see if it's worth it. Then I'll take out a second mortgage to pay the booth fee. :cool2:

Well, at least I know if I do it, I have people here who don't think I'm crazy! LOL! Robin, isn't it a gorgeous area? I'm quite certain it attracts a high-end customer, so that would bode well for my products. I'll have to start saving now if I want to do next year's fair!

Thats about the going rate for a junior league show. Me and my cousin once split a booth that we paid $1600.00 at the convention center. I did very well while she only sold $100.00

As far as a price as a mall kiosk.....try $5,000 a month in my area. You gotta love the suburbs of Chicago!:shocked2:

Don't expect venders at a show to be real upfront and honest with you regarding their sales.. just observe the customers. That will give you a good idea about who's selling what, and how much.

For a large market, high traffic show, a 10x10 for $850 seems about right.. altho they can usually be convinced to cut you a break on the price if it's getting close to the show date and they have booths to fill.. they'd rather fill those spaces at a discounted rate than to let them sit empty.

If you're just going to the show to scout it out for next year, wear a shirt with your company name and website address on it, stuff some of your samples in a backpack, and bring plenty of buisness cards with your website address on 'em to leave in other peoples booths. :rolleyes2

Dang.

Seriously. $1,700 for a 20x20 - oh, I'll just pop that check right in the mail. :P

It's a Junior League show in San Antonio, and they must do well, given that they take up a huge room at the Convention Center. Sheesh. Can you even imagine? I guess you rake it in, but I just cannot fathom paying that much for a show, when you're not sure you'll make it back.

I think I'll visit the show next year and see how everyone's doing, maybe make some friends and see if it's worth it. Then I'll take out a second mortgage to pay the booth fee. :cool2:

My booth fee ranges 500.00-650.00 for a 10x15. I did pretty well.:smiley2:

If you're just going to the show to scout it out for next year, wear a shirt with your company name and website address on it, stuff some of your samples in a backpack, and bring plenty of business cards with your website address on 'em to leave in other peoples booths. :rolleyes2

This might not be a great idea. Most shows who are serious enough to charge that much aren't going to allow free solicitation on their behalf. Besides IMO it is just not good biz ethics. It would be different if you were like at a park or something.