Lip Balm Sweetener

CandleMama6

Hello All,

I am going to try to sweeten some lip balms and wanted some opinions. I have had several people tell me that Stevia will work, however, I cannot find any locally in a liquid form.

I found a liquid sweetener made by Royal Cup Inc called 'Sweet-n-Ez' that is a sweetener used for brewed iced tea according to the bottle. It is made from "High Fructose Corn Sweetener, Purified Filtered Water and Sucralose."

Does this sound like something you could use without any problems. It comes out to less than .10 cents an oz so if it would work, that would be great.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Yeah, typically water and oil don't mix.

However, I have seen folks who say they use SweetLeaf flavors in their balms and those contain water, so who knows...

Generally speaking, wouldn't adding a water based sweetener change the status of a lip balm from anhydrous to hydrous? It just seems odd to me.

• 1 month later...

I don't use stevia for my lip balms but if you have a Trader Joe's near you try there. I have gotten it in both a powdered and liquid form there to add to my tea. If no TJ's try a health food store, all of the ones near me carry it and most of the local supermarkets here are starting to atleast carry the powdered form.