wicking 16oz apothecary 464 soy

Just curious......

I use 16 oz apothecary with GB464 and double wick with an ECO6, sometimes single wick with ECO14...They work well for me, long burn, good scent throw (which I have noticed with this wax it HAS to be a STRONG scent to begin with.) On some candles I can smell the wick itself....carbon I guess. So Im wondering what wicks yall use on your 464. Do ya like any better than the ECO?....... CDs? LXs?

Edited by tgreeson

We use a blend of 464 and non crystalising container palm in our jars, and the bulk of the scents are wicked with a single CDN 22, with some of the heavier scents wicked with a CDN 24. We find that this works very well for us.

Unfortunately due to the high temperatures here in Australia, we are now going through the entire testing process once again with all of our fragrances as we are switching to crystalising container palm for the summer, not to mention the 26 new fragrances that we inported direct from NG :)

Cheers

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a newbie and also using 464 in 16oz apothecary jars... wondering if you've found a good combo yet??

I only have 2 types of wicks (zinc 60-44-18 & CD 20) I've double wicked with the Zinc's and get a full, deep melt pool... too deep? When I double wick the CD 20's they drown. Wanted to get some opinions before ordering any more...

Any suggestions???

THANKS!! : ):D