How much to charge?

msalex28a

My son loves to make money. He's 8 and wants to make a craft to sell at when I do craft shows. We came up with these little Halloween and Harvest favor bags to put some candy or chocolate in. How much should I charge? Also I make these vases with potpurri, lights, a tart on top and then a doily with ribbon. They are just not big sellers for me. What should I charge for these also? Thanks for any feedback.

post-10329-139458457794_thumb.jpg

post-10329-139458457797_thumb.jpg

post-10329-139458457799_thumb.jpg

post-10329-139458457801_thumb.jpg

Well if they were mine to sell, I would probably charge my cost x 3, if you think thats to much, then charge your costs x 2. I can see you selling those treat bags, they are really cute.

Just wanted to give you some kind of idea!!:wink2:

Edited by leisa2003

Oh no those are little paper favor bags like the ones you see in kits for weddingsor showers at craft stores. I was thinking about putting some candy or chocolate in them.

The lighted vases I was selling for $12.99 and no one seemed interested. I heard a lot of people say they've made them before. I wasn't sure if my price was too high.

In my area, no matter how much the bags cost you, they wouldn't sell for more than $3.50 or $4.00, I don't think. Not necessarily fair but there is too much stuff at the dollar store that they could buy instead. They are adorable though.

Okay those are tiny. I think a dollar is to little maybe $2 to $2.5 and I would stuff them as full as possible with candy or even cheap little toys some thing for kids to buy for themselves.

I see a lot of kids at craft shows and really there is not much in their price range that interest them those would. They could even buy them for relatives.