Need A Soy wax to mix with KY Para-soy Tart Wax

ky-sam

If you're using it for tarts just to smooth out the tops you could use container soy for that if you have it on hand. KY Parasoy is 70% soy/ 30% paraffin so adding enough soy to make it 80/20 should do it. Personally I wouldn't do anything to Vickey's tart wax, it's fabulous. I'd be using it if I could get it shipped cheaper than $30+ a box! I know it dimples some but the scent throw is awesome. Have you tried different pour temps?

I was going to try a different pour temp tonight. I dont have a container wax Ive just started out with tarts. I have a little shop at a flea market here in KY where I sell Handmade Painted Wood signs( Just got back into it Since my sons cancer is staying in remission!) And I thought Adding Tarts And Candles Would Go with the signs. So Soon I want to venture into adding candle's also! I went with the Ky Tart wax do to the great reviews on here and when I contacted vickey she said shipping for a 50# box plus some oil samples was only 17 dollars!!

I have it shipped out here to AZ anyway...it is worth the few extra cents an oz. Break it down by the oz and you will see the difference is not that much.

I pour it cooler and I dont get the dimples...no way am I messing with that wax it is PERFECT and awesome!!

Thanks a lot Tootie, guess who's got some parasoy on the way. :laugh2:

I wanted that wax so bad and when you said to break it down by the oz. I did. It turns out there's a huge difference in wax price plus shipping from my mixture but when I broke it down it was only 2 cents difference per tart. Didn't take much to talk me into it.

Vickey sent me a tart with my last order and it was a scent that I already have so I know the strength in my own with that one. It was blow me out of the house strong, I actually had to turn it off because I was getting a headache. Now that's some good wax! Very smart of her to throw in an extra tart. Advertises her FO's and her tart wax. That little tart that costs next to nothing to make is going to get her many orders!

Ky-sam....Just read your post and saw that your son is in remission. That's wonderful!

Tarts is a great way to get started. Candles require so much testing before you can sell them. By starting with tarts, your will be able to do testing with customers on which fragrances are the most popular in your area. I wish I had done my tarts first. It's a great way to do fragrance research and make money at the same time. You will probably have a few fragrances that most customers will always pick (your best sellers). Your best sellers in the tarts - Will give you a good starting point to begin fragrance testing for candles.

I hope this helps you.....However, this is just my opinion on looking way back at my business. I think I could of saved money by doing market/customer research with tarts. My best sellers are pretty much the same in tarts as they are in my candles. I have learned.......fragrances I enjoy/like and my family/friends like are not always what customers will want to purchase. Sometimes I think.....who would even like this fragrance and it sells like crazy:)

Also, wickless candles are nice for the candle crocks. You could use a half pint mason jar for them. You might do some for a test. www.candlewarmers.com has some great candle crocks. If you do a search on here for tart warmers, you will be able to find names of several companies.

Having electric tart warmers and candle crocks available is another way for you to make extra money at your craft shows.

Good Luck!

Edited by Onyx

Tootie...do you mind telling what temp you pour? I'd like to stop adding add'l soy but I don't like the dimples. I currently pour at 150.

Karen

I usually pour between 140 and 150 closer to 140but sometimes I get antsy and dont wait. sometimes I get dimples but not often. Even when I do they are not bad and no one cares anyway. my customers just LOVE the melts!!