Strong Premixed Reed Diffuser Oils

JBaxley

Does anybody know where I can find strong premixed reed diffuser oils with really good scent throw? I have purchased some from Wellington and I am happy with them but I would like more of a variety, especially spice scented ones for this fall. I was looking at www.northstar3c.com, has anybody tried them before with their reed diffuser oils?

I might have to try them but they don't have any spice fragrance. I will probably wait until January to purchase from them. Thanks for the info. I would even be willing to make my own with FO and base. I make a few that way but it gets to be expensive when you try a FO and it isn't strong enough. Does anybody out there know of a really good FO and base that makes a really strong reed diffuser.

• 6 months later...

make your own! I use peaks reed diffuser base and I dont play.. 75% oils to 25% base. They throw like a mother, and last for months. One in my living room is still 3/4 full after two months.

you can do 50/50 too, but I like the stronger scent.

IMO the premixed bases are not close to worth the money, because you dont know what you are getting, and they are as watered down as they can get them.

nope, throws like crazy. I actually had the opposite effect in my testing, anything less than 75% nobody could smell.. I even tried sticking one in our closet and closing the door for a day, coming back to sniff and not a thing.. but the 75% scents our entire front living area, which is about 800 sq feet.

With heavier FO's it could be a problem.. but I'm not a fan of those scents anyway, so I dont offer them and havent tested 'em.

make your own! I use peaks reed diffuser base and I dont play.. 75% oils to 25% base. They throw like a mother, and last for months. One in my living room is still 3/4 full after two months.

you can do 50/50 too, but I like the stronger scent.

IMO the premixed bases are not close to worth the money, because you dont know what you are getting, and they are as watered down as they can get them.

Have you tried any other bases? Or do you know what theirs is made of? I have tried reed bases and pre mixed plus my own DPG mix. Have never found one that works even a little. Have never used that much FO but have tried straight FO and it didn't work either. Maybe I'll buy one from you to see if I can smell it. My house is filled with scent all the time so maybe it's me.

Sharon,

If I remember right in my reading, straight FO will not work at all. You have to add something to it so it will "travel" up the reeds.

I had always heard that DPG works, but I also have several diffuser bases that I am going to try. Not sure if one diffuser base is better than another or if DPG is the best thing to use though. :confused:

Have you tried any other bases? Or do you know what theirs is made of? I have tried reed bases and pre mixed plus my own DPG mix. Have never found one that works even a little. Have never used that much FO but have tried straight FO and it didn't work either. Maybe I'll buy one from you to see if I can smell it. My house is filled with scent all the time so maybe it's me.

I tried DPG I had on hand... but it didnt throw as well as the base I got from peaks:

http://www.peakcandle.com/products/Reed-Diffuser-Base__ML1002.aspx

the funny thing though is it sounds like DPG from their description.

So they recommend using 25% FO to 75% base but I just couldnt get throw and I basically wasted that FO each time. I think with heavier, bakery type scents, you would for sure need to use 50.50 or less though. The reeds could get clogged really easily otherwise/