How do you incorporate Titanium Dioxide into your soap batter?

scrochet

Is it the water or oil soluable one? I only use the water soluable. I mix it in with a little bit of water - enough to get the lumps out. I then add it to about a cup give or take) of soap to mix with that to get the lumps out and evenly dispersed then I add that to the soap I am wanting colored. I use a small whisk to get it stirred into the soap.

Thanks Meridith, the one I have is both water and oil soluble. The description states when making cold process soap mix with oil before adding to lye solution. So thats what I have been doing. :confused:

Maybe I should try mixing with water first. I have a small tester mold I think I'm gonna try that out.

If it's typical what I'm hearing about oil-soluble TD, I'm glad I never tried it. I don't even need a spoon to mix the water soluble stuff. I just put it in a cup with a little water and swish it around well. It incorporates directly into the soap batter with only a whisk (my normal recipe doesn't need stick blending).