Sizzling sounds

I bought KY parasoy for containers and JoyWax. A week ago I melted some Joywax and could hear sizzling sounds as the wax liquified. This afternoon I melted one pound of KY parasoy for containers and it makes the same sound.

Any idea why? Could it be water trapped in the wax (hope not!:shocked2:)

Within several seconds, the sizzling sounds disappear. Haven't tested yet.

I had that happen once with C-3. I returned it to the supplier.

Your wax is not supposed to sizzle..

I would call the supplier and ask for a replacement..

I am sure the supplier would want to know if the is an issue with their wax.

JMHO....

Keep us posted.

At the factory, while the wax is being processed, it is poured into slab trays. These trays have a water-filled cooling tube surrounding it. Sometimes these lines break and water may drip into the tray. This does not harm the wax, but you do need to drain it out. If you have melted the wax before noticing the water, the water will always sink to the bottom of your pot. Just don’t pour this small portion of the wax into your candle container. If water does make it into your candle, it will make the wick sputter and pop, and may also create holes inside the candle. That's from Connie's Candles. Its no big whoop. HTH.

If you melt your wax(any kind)on the stove, leave it there, or just leave your container there, and then fry anything on the next burner without a spatter screen(or perhaps your hubby does it:angry2:) you can get a few drops of grease in your melter without even knowing it. Even one drop will cause sizzling. Ask me how I know.... That's why I have a shop now, devoted to anything with the craft!

Yes its water. This happens in the manufacture of all waxes. I get frying sounds in 6006, clarus 70/30, you name it. If you've ever fried anything and a drop of water goes in the grease or moisture on the chicken begins to evaporate in the boiling hot grease; you get that sizzling popping sound. Don't worry about it. I have cut open wax and had water flood out of the inside. I panicked and called the supplier, who suggested that I take the wax out of the box and let it dry. They did not offer to replace the wax, because this is a fairly common occurrence.