Using an electric roaster

Will an electric roaster keep pots of wax at a hot enough temperature for pouring? I'm currently using a hot plate but need to have several pots ready to pour at the same time. It takes forever waiting for each pot to melt using my method!

Before I got my wax table, I used two electric roasters. I kept them filled at all times with melted beeswax (one for white, one for yellow) then filled my pouring pots from them. Not the best system but it worked just fine and the roasters are VERY easy to keep the wax at exactly the right temp.

Of course, I wouldn't recommend using the roasters for food any more. :laugh2:

A wax table is basically a very large stainless steel water jacketed tank that holds a number of tubs (for lack of a better word) that hold your melted wax. Mine is approx. 7' long and holds six small tubs of colored wax and two larger tubs that I have white and yellow beeswax in. Each of the smaller tubs hold close to 30 lbs. of wax, the larger ones probably hold about 45-50 lbs. My wax is always melted and ready to use and my colors are always very consistent. I use gallon cans to dip the wax from the tubs and pour into pouring pitchers to mix colors and add fragrance. Works great!!! I don't know how I made candles without it!

As for the roasters, again I use coffee cans, gallon ketchup cans, etc. to dip the wax out of the roaster and pour into pouring pots. Not a perfect system but it works.

It's kind of a combination. I found the tanks on EBay and then my husband built a table for it. It was originally suppose to be mounted in a counter and used for dipping candles.

Do you have a picture? I'd like to see it. It sounds very unique.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I built a very easy wax table out of sheet metal. I gently folded it into a rectangular box. The tub fits on a grill. I had one small crack that I patched with silicone. I fill the tub with water and set 6, 3 quart pouring pots filled, with colored wax. I do all my candle making out side. It's compact and easy to transport. I am able to make rolled, dipped, molded and container candles.