IGI 6006 Testing

Well...it's back to the drawing board...really thought the Peaks Cotton Core wicks were going to be the bomb...haha...that's exactly what they did...BOMBED!! They're not hot enough to create a decent melt pool and therefore a decent HT. I used C-70's and C-75's in 8oz. 3" dia. tins and on several FO's the C-75's drowned after only 3 1/2 - 4 hrs.

I'm awaiting a delivery on Tuesday for zinc wicks to try. I poured 3 testers today using CDNs to see how they work. Didn't have the appropriate size of just CD's. Poured 2 tins-one with a CDN 12 and one with a CDN 10 (thought a 14 would be way too big) and a 8 oz. square mason jar with a CDN 12. Will start testing these on Tuesday. FO is Sage-Pomegranate( 1 oz/lb) from CS and Bayberry dye chip from CS.

I really like this wax and am desperately trying to get the wicking solved. My little storage room (aka spare bedroom) looks like a tester graveyard. Performing last rites on them tomorrow :laugh2:!

Forgot to mention...I do add 10% extra of GB 464 to the 6006.

Will post my CDN and zinc results when I have them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've read all the past posts many, many times. I'm still determined to succeed. Any one else out there testing this wax too? (misery loves company).

Karen

Carole...thank you so very much...I actually have some cd 7 & 8's and will pour those tomorrow. I really appreciate that info :yay:.

Carrie...will try those as well..since I'm pouring.

Thanks you guys...I look forward to reporting success in a few days after testing to the bitter end.

Karen

I am using the zinc wicks with great results. I have only tested the 8oz jj and a 16 oz classic jar so far. A 44z works great in the jj and I use 2 in the classic jar.

I've also tried the CD's and also got good results.

~Sophia