Help w/ dome shaped mold

JudyN

I'm having trouble with my dome shaped mold. I use the jiffy wick where you tie the slip knot and the wick runs through the mold. I put metal tape over it and then putty and it still didn't hold so which means the wax comes out of the mold while hot. Blah. I've been using these quite a few times and was just needing to make sure the knot was in the middle and the wick was tight but it isn't working and I'm feeling frustrated. I need to get this candle done for Thanksgiving. I was hoping I'd be able to use a wick pin and ordered some and got them in today but the hole in the mold is not big enough - blah. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I use a miniature round file, like for jewelry or small stuff. You can go gently and it'll just make it a hair larger without taking chunks out as easily as a drill bit. Though a drill bit will work in a pinch, just use the same size as the existing hole and work it around slowly. If you use a larger size, you're likely to end up with a hole way too big. Been there, done that. :tiptoe: