Will you show me

Lisa

Have you got a hole in the mold? Either thread a wick through it and secure it or slide your wick pin through it. Put some putty on the top of the base of the wick pin and mash it to the mold. It'll stay in place.

Otherwise not sure what you're asking. Your link brings up an error.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but... Use your wick pin to make the candle. When the candle is done, remove the pin. Then you have to prime (or coat) the wick you are using by dipping it in melted wax. I usually use the same wax as I used for the candle and prime before I put in the additives (color, dye). You will notice when you prime your wick in the wax, that bubbles start coming out of the wick. Some candle directions say to wait until all the bubbles come out. I'm not always that careful.

When the wick has been coated, remove it from the wax an put it on your counter and straighten it and let it harden. Then wick you insert it through the hole that the wick pin made in your candle. I usually knot the wick and pull it up a little higher than the bottom of the candle. HTH.

okay guys super confused...:confused:

I always put my wick pin inside the mold! so what your saying is you stick the pin thru the hole on the outside of the mold? then what do you do put the putty stuff around the wickpin/hole so the wax doesn't leak out? wierd! i honestly thought that you do the same as the votive wick pins and stick them inside. :shocked2: lol

I put putty around the top of the base of the wick pin, thread it through my mold, press the base to seal, pour the wax. When the candle is set up, I pop the seal loose by sticking a knife between the wick pin base and the mold. I remove the pin, then the putty, take the candle out, thread it with primed wick etc.

okay guys super confused...:confused:

I always put my wick pin inside the mold! so what your saying is you stick the pin thru the hole on the outside of the mold? then what do you do put the putty stuff around the wickpin/hole so the wax doesn't leak out? wierd! i honestly thought that you do the same as the votive wick pins and stick them inside. :shocked2: lol

Sure that's another way. My wick pin bases don't cover the whole bottom of my molds, so I put them on the outside too. I put the putty around the base of the wick pin and then thread it through the mold hole and push down hard on the pin and putty. I think many people use them like this, but I wouldn't change something that works for you:smiley2: .

wow so i have been doing it wrong all this time......LOL

ah well thats why i read this board!!!! lol

Nope, you haven't been doing it wrong. Just like which wax you use or most anything else, whatever works for you is the right way. I do inside and outside, it just depends on what I'm wanting then end to look like and what mood I'm in. It's just a matter of preference ;)

You do have to be careful when removing the candle from the mold if it's inside though. I have scratched the inside of molds with the edge of the base trying to force the candle out when it's being stubborn.