Rotary Tool

kandlekrazy

No, the tracing wheels won't cut through the thick fabric and the teeth are too close together. This is an actual rotary cutter, but has deep teeth on it instead of just a blade. Never seen one before and probably never will again, lol! I need to call the shop I bought it at and see if they have more and if they can ship.

thanks ladies!

This one makes holes, but if the slit was small enough it would work as well. I think the pic that Sharon linked, the cuts would be too big. We use the tool to make holes around a piece of fleece that is cut blanket size and then we crochet around the blanket. The hole has to be just big enough to accommodate the hook and yarn.

yes, the hook will go through some of the fleece, but it's killer on the hands, especially if you have arthritis. With the rotary tool, it is a breeze! I found some online, but the teeth are too close together. I'm trying to get the shop that I bought it from to answer their phone...maybe out of business??

You can get the hook through the fleece w/out the holes. Or, are you using it as a guide?

I have never seen a tool that cuts holes in fabric before, if I see one I'll let you know.

Thanks Sharon! The leather punch is actually how I started, but you're making one hole at a time and you need hundreds in each blanket....maybe thousands! I think I'm going back to making beanies and scarfs!

I found a quilt shop that told me they could order one of the toothed rotary tools so as soon as they get me a price, I'll order it from them. Never dreamed when I bought the first one that it would be this difficult to find it again or I'd have bought every one they had. I need to look into possible having it sharpened as well. My sis took it home with her or I'd post a pic of it.

Thats it Sharon! OMG I owe you big time, I don't know how you found it, I searched and so did my sister for hours. It's the top one. I'll order like 6 blades so I don't get into this mess again. lol

Chiptooth, that is what the blankets look like when finished. I think the tool they sell is the single punch tool because it's only $5.00 and the rotary cutters are more expensive.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help out! :yay::yay::yay: