looking for opinions

kyme1911

to make the wax seal label, you use what they call "Faux sealing wax", basically colored glue sticks you put through a low temp glue gun then you stamp it with a brass seal (like they use to seal letters with a century ago). I wanted something different, so here you go.

You might want to do a search on lightboxes... presenting products and photographing them well is an art and a light box helps. I like your candle containers very much. I think they are too elegant to show with a landscape background. A desert, sure., but not prickley pears to compete with the product. :)

Good work! Keep on until you get just the right touch for those classy candles. :)

I searched for "lightbox" and found this old thread - I believe it's one I remember that had lots of juicy discussion about photographing products...

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66553&highlight=lightbox

Check it out! :)

If you're going for "the modern ranch" look, try a similar setting but really close in on the products - maybe only one instead of a grouping... read in another thread to be sure to use the macro setting if shooting real close up (and if your camera has one!) so the photos will be extra crisp... Would be nice if the kool wax label was in focus and readable...

One thing I have learned from folks here is to really pay attention to photos of products. Presentation is everything! HTH :)

Since I can't edit my reply for whatever reason ... maybe take the angle of No. 2 and apply it to No. 1. See the candle in No. 1 looks like split pea soup to me and not a candle.

The supporting greenery in No. 2 swallows up your candles or distracts from them greatly. So maybe try your greens in No. 1 on No. 2.