loganbear acrylic mold

Rae

Has anybody gotten one of Jeff's new acrylic molds? I just got a 12 bar slab mold and we can't get it together. I have pm's Jess, but I know he has a full time job and I was really wanting to pour it now. So, if you know how it goes together I would love to hear from you.

TIA!

Rae

Sorry, Dana Mae,

I had forgotten about this thread that I started. I went over to the B&B gallery and posted there. Soaping did not go good. The soap stuck to the sides and bottom. After 40 something hours I had to force the soap off the bottom. I have been waiting to hear back from Jeff, but no word yet. It took us forever to get it together because he didn't have the video yet. I would love to know how your soaping goes. Wood molds with silicone liners are so much easier to use and the soap is so easy to get out. Please let me know how your soap turns out.

Thanks!

Rae

I will certainly let you know.......I have not used the log mold yet but I did do my first batch in the slab.

I had a bugger of a time getting it together....and that was WITH the video!

:laugh2: I just couldn't get that last piece to snap in....

Jeff recently posted another video on you tube showing how he unmolds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1gAvzCmIuI

I would not have done the bottom that way so I'm glad I watched.

Silicone lined wood are nice, but I don't like to gel and they just get too hot for me.....

I'm so sorry you're having problems, Jeff has been really good (for me) to work with so far, I hope you will hear back from him soon!

dana