Ecosoya PB

I have 10 lbs of Ecosoya PB that I had purchased when testing natural waxes before going with palm wax instead. I was wondering how well this would work for dipping bears to use it up. Is the cold throw good enough for this use or would I be better off just listing it in the classifieds? I would greatly appreciate any advise that people using this wax can offer.

If it is not good for bears is there anything else I can use it for?

I have poured testers with this wax and the CT is great. I only had a small batch and I poured a few votives, tarts and a couple clamshells then used the rest in a 3 wick mold. I haven't lit them yet for HT my supplier told me to wait 5-7 days :shocked2: (not sure I can wait that long - lol).

I would think using it for bears would work (personally haven't tried it, tho).

I'm not sure I have enough info yet to give more details, hopefully someone else will chime in for you =)

Great thanks! How much FO per lb did you use to get the good CT if you don't mind sharing? Did you add any additives?

I hadn't even thought about tarts! I have a ton of tart molds and clamshells that I could use. I think I will do a test bear this weekend and see how it comes out.

Good luck !! Post your results . . .I'll update my burn results once I begin testing. Not sure I can wait 5-7 days :confused:

Scentlady . .did you use the wax for anything other than bears? If so, how long did you wait to cure? I know it's soy so longer is better, I'm just impatient . .

I had been using 464 for my tarts but wanted to try something different because of all the smearing on my packaging so I ordered 10 #'s of Eco PB and I am not impressed....

I even went up to 9% and waited 2 weeks and still can't get the HT that I was with the 464... I am going to try blending it 50/50 for tarts till it's gone and then I am gonna try KY's votive blend..

I have not tried to dip anything so I am curious bout that too!

Emily

I use the Ky votive/tart blend mixed with 20% gb 464 (the add'l soy really makes the tops very smooth) and I am very pleased with all my tarts. Great CT & HT and only let them cure 24-36 hrs before testing. I'm too impatient to wait much longer than that. I use 1.5 oz/lb FO and all so far have been excellent.

I had been using 464 for my tarts but wanted to try something different because of all the smearing on my packaging so I ordered 10 #'s of Eco PB and I am not impressed....

I even went up to 9% and waited 2 weeks and still can't get the HT that I was with the 464... I am going to try blending it 50/50 for tarts till it's gone and then I am gonna try KY's votive blend..

I have not tried to dip anything so I am curious bout that too!

Emily

What oils have you used with ecosoya pb? I havent had this problem while using this wax...

What oils have you used with ecosoya pb? I havent had this problem while using this wax...

I was testing it with mainly CS oils.... Cranberry Marmalade..Pumkin Souffle..Rainwater.. Bird Of Paradise..and a few others. I started out with 6% fragrance load but my tarts was just not coming up to the ones I made with 464...Went up to 9% and no difference..I made a few votives using LX14 and 9% fo and I was just not pleased with that either..:confused:

I'm glad its working for you but my quest has to continue..

Emily