Peaks Lotion Bars

deb426

I just got my newsletter from Peaks and there is a recipe for Lotion Bars that I would love to try. I make soy candles and I just want to make these for me, not to sell. For all you B&B people, I have a dumb question. The recipe ingredients call for

Ecosoya Container Blend 135. I use C-3. Does anyone know if I could use the C-3 instead of the Ecosoya? I don't want to have to buy new wax for these but would love to mess around making some if I can use the wax I have.

TIA

Deb

Well Judy, I'm going to give it a shot. I just bought some beeswax off the classies and I'll let you know how it turns out:cheesy2:

Oh GOOD! Yeah, let me know - I think that would be a fun thing to do just for me and my mom, if nothing else.

I just got my newsletter from Peaks and there is a recipe for Lotion Bars that I would love to try. I make soy candles and I just want to make these for me, not to sell. For all you B&B people, I have a dumb question. The recipe ingredients call for

Ecosoya Container Blend 135. I use C-3. Does anyone know if I could use the C-3 instead of the Ecosoya? I don't want to have to buy new wax for these but would love to mess around making some if I can use the wax I have.

TIA

Deb

Both the C-3 and the CB-135 are container blend soy waxes so I don't see why they can't be interchangeable for the lotion recipe.

BTW-- I saw it myself and was fixin to make some bars today. If I can get them done today then I will take a couple to my craft show tomorrow to test how they hold up in the outdoor heat.

But if you look in the tutorial section soapbuddy has a lotion bar tutorial and I like that recipe too. I am just wondering if I can sub olive oil for my liquid oil for her recipe.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I made these using C-3 instead of the Ecosoya and they came out just fine. I used Warm Vanilla Sugar from Millcreek and I love them. They were super easy to make. Has anyone else tried this recipe? I'm interested in hearing from someone with more experience than me. Which would cover just about everybody.

:yay: