How to whip small batches of FBB?

I use my Kitchen aid for large batches but when trying to only do 4 or 8 oz it just doesn't work.

My question is I have a regular stick mixer the kind for drinks, but I have seen some with an extra whipping attachment and am considering trying to use this for small batches..

Am curious what others use that works well for either FBB or Body Whip?

I'm just wondering if this whipp attachment works well

Do I need this special whipping attachment?

Thanks for any help

how does that work with smaller amounts?

I've read on the sites that carry it ... that you should use a minimum of 2 lbs of product - less than 2 pounds will not work as there isn't enough volume around the beaters

I'd love to be able to make smaller amounts... I hate having to make a full batch if I only need a couple...

I read the same thing Teri.

What about making it as a base (if you have what you want to add to it and are comfortable with using it) and just store the rest and pull and scent and add whatever else as needed?

now there's an idea... wonder what would be the best thing to store it in - I'm pretty sure a butter tub won't do it...

Yes I tried whipping it all and once and storing it but it tends to separate a bit and then you need to whip it again anyway,

I tried using a hand blender and it worked for me, seems to do better with a hand blender than a stick blender.. gets thin with the stick blender.

HI there,

Since we are on the fbb. I use to make it and once people use it or try it out in the shop, they are hooked. Here's my problem. For shelf life...what do you guys use for containers? I have natural PET jars...but when they sit for a longer period of time..they vocano and leave blow out holes due to the air in the product. Also, I'm finding them loosing their scent over time and drying up. My shop has become a place where they seem to come in and shop off the shelves rather than order individual products...so I was making about 6 kinds to leave on the shelf but it's not working. Would love some ideas of how to make this a product to keep on the shelves. Any ideas??

Thanks bunches!!

Candy :)

I've never made any B&B products. Would anyone mind sharing a source for the FBB?

I'm sure several suppliers have it available....but, just curious if any bubble/feel better than others.

Could menthol or peppermint EO be added to the FBB?

Sorry so many questions.......I need to do some research on this product.

Yes you can add eo to it even what you listed.

Just type in foaming bath butter into a google search and you should get a few places. I have always gotten mine from a coop that Lorrie runs, so if you have access to that section, you can look for a link to a site too and check it out.

• 9 months later...