What do you do with ....

Meridith

those soap batches that don't come out the way you planned and are too ugly to sell? Other than being fugly, there is nothing wrong with these batches and they have all been tested to make sure they are O.K. I rebatch some of mine along with soap scraps and sell it to raise money for our local animal shelter. But sometimes, I have way too much or I get tired of rebatching. I called our local women's shelter to see about donating it to them but they were so rude and acted like they were too good for them that I figured forget it (actually that was putting my thoughts nicely). So yesterday, we took a whole bag of my old fuglies to our homeless shelter and dontated it. They were absolutely thrilled to get them and didn't think they were ugly at all. I had lots from when I first started soaping. What other suggestions can you guys come up with to do with those fuglies?

I make Soap Bags. I use my sraps and fuglies...shred them up. I take a washcloth, cut it in half and sew it up. Fill the bag...then sew it closed adding a rope looped around sort of like the one that is on the bath scrubbie thingies. I market them as weekenders because once the soap is gone you just throw it away. Been selling great for me!

I make drawer sachets. I've got some muslin bags around that I never used for corn cob sachets, so I shred the soap and put them in the bags. Never sold any, cuz I'm not sure how I want to decorate them.

I've also cut them up and made soap samples out of them, if they're a scent that I regularly carry. I can usually cut around most of the ugly to get a good sample.

I use them on myself too but I can only use so much. With those in my shower plus the pieces from the rest of my batches I make ( I test EVERYTHING), there is hardly room left in the shower for whoever is in there. I do love all the ideas you gals have.:)

With those in my shower plus the pieces from the rest of my batches I make ( I test EVERYTHING), there is hardly room left in the shower for whoever is in there.
LOL, you don't have to put them in your shower all at once. I use mine one bar at a time. The rest is just kept in a box elsewhere.

LOL, you don't have to put them in your shower all at once. I use mine one bar at a time. The rest is just kept in a box elsewhere.

Yes that is very true, but if its a soap ready for sale, I need to test it first to make sure its OK to sell. Mine aren't just for personal use- I sell too and even though I use the same recipes, I still test a piece of each batch. Those darn little tester pieces add up on your shower shelf. Sometimes you just can't use one bar at a time when you sell - KWIM? :)

Yes that is very true, but if its a soap ready for sale, I need to test it first to make sure its OK to sell. Mine aren't just for personal use- I sell too and even though I use the same recipes, I still test a piece of each batch. Those darn little tester pieces add up on your shower shelf. Sometimes you just can't use one bar at a time when you sell - KWIM? :)

OMG, I know what you mean, I also test every bar, my shower is a JOKE

Soap Kebobs (these were a mediocre seller for me at shows)

Soap Buckets (put the scraps in a bucket and sell them - worked great for me at shows)

Soap Balls (I put these on the kebobs and buckets)

and...hellew... REBATCH!!! Hee. :grin2: Rebatching is awesome for the soaps that don't even cut it on the fugly meter.