Anyone know of a 70/30 parrafin wax?

Expect prices of paraffin and blends to increase . Just about everyone is going up sometime this month I think. Ours takes effect mid-month.

IMO:

Crude is doing some funny things - the more it fluctuates the harder things are to predict. I would say that most of the pressure for this increase is a tightening supply of products (i.e., inventories). But not due to availability...there is plenty of feed stocks on the market. Demand for fuels, and oil based products is still way down. Like any good business, the refineries have been cutting production to match demand. When inventories get too low prices go up. When they get high - prices go down. This is because refineries can never stop production - it is a 24/7/365 process. Only production rates are adjusted. The lower the production rate vs. plant capacity the more expensive the material produced becomes - it is a volume game. This is about 60% of the driver for price movements - the remaining is raw material costs (at least for wax).

I think crude may slide back a bit, but i don't think we will see $30's - maybe mid $50's if we are lucky. However, I am certain of this - if/when the economy improves (which seems a ways off now) - the price of petroleum base products will go up fast. The refineries will not increase production until they are sure the increased demand is for real. This will put tremendous pressure on current (at that time) inventories. And then what happens? All together now...up, up and away.

BUT - this assumes no hurricanes, war, etc....then who knows.

That was more than you wanted to know wasn't it? Sorry for the rambling...

Anyone know of a 70/30 parrafn wax other than the accu blend 30?

IGI will not release exact amounts no matter what anyone here says but I do know that that IGI 6006 from experience is about that. It is an excellent wax with much better availability than smaller off brands. HTH!

Clarus is a major manufacturer of all kinds of waxes. The 3020 is very similar to 6006 IMHO. I still use their 70/30 wax that used to be GL 70/30 and is now offered by Tennessee Candle. My question for Brad is....when will the $105.00 a case come down in price? Other waxes have dropped but not this one. I just can't afford to keep using this wax and am preparing to switch to 6006 with added 415. I really hate to switch from a wax that still does a great job but that's economics.

Yup. When you add shipping it really kills my bottom line. GL carries the 3020 wax and you might get a slab and test. It is real easy to wick and it sets up nice but is unstable for wet spots. I just couldn't get it to adhere to the jar wall for very long. It burns clean and will accept a number of wicks. You might give it a go.