dollar tree jar

I see alot of post about jars at the dollar tree. Does someone have a picture of these jars. I believe I read the are status jars or something like that. I went today and looked, I looked online and I don't see anything, unless I don't know what I am looking for.

I like those jars and there is a dollar tree within 10 miles of my house!!! :yay: do they offer free shipping to a store or anything like that or do you just have to walk in and hope the jars are in stock???

Another item to do to my "want to make" list

wahoo... 4.95 is still really cheap for shipping compared to what I have been paying for my jars. That just may be the next jars I try. Does anybody know if those heart and star shaped bowls can be used to container candles as well. I have been brainstorming some ideas that I may want to test.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI......I just got back from Dollar Tree and they had those glasses, squares, hearts, and flower shaped dishes in abundance. Those glasses (on the rock-type) are perfect. If you happen to live very close you would not even have to pay the 4.95 ship to the store charge. They are well, well worth it, heavy glass, perfect sizes, and very nice for the money, although I just got the glass one and the square one. I got 20 of each and there were lots more left. HTH

Oh!! Those are so pretty. I did not seem them at the one I went to. I will have to re-look. Did you add the cameo? Are they thick like the other ones? I am going to look on line too to see if they can be purchased there in case they are not in this area. thanks for sharing!!!

Need some wicking suggestions on the square container. I am using gb 464. I have tried 1- htp 126 that did not reach the corners. I have tried to double wick it. I tried 2 rrd 34 which worked to well. To much heat and big shrooms...

any other suggestions?

On the GB wax, do you like it? I have not done much soy, but may try eventually. That has a great price on it and it caught my attention. I read so much on the tops not being smooth on some of it, and I have seen some that were cracked. Thanks.

Need some wicking suggestions on the square container. I am using gb 464. I have tried 1- htp 126 that did not reach the corners. I have tried to double wick it. I tried 2 rrd 34 which worked to well. To much heat and big shrooms...

any other suggestions?

Is is the smaller one? If so I single wicked alot of my scents using 464 with lx 24...I sometimes double wicked with lx 14..that is as far as I got in testing that wax with that jar..

HTH!!! And sorry for getting a little off topic!

Emily

It is most definitely able to be a candle container... why wouldn't it be...

The glass may not be rated for use as a candle container. The illustration shows it as a holder, like a hurricane. The difference is how much heat the jar was designed to take without shattering... OR whomever put their catalog together may not know the difference... Sometimes bargains are not the same quality. ;)

• 4 weeks later...