Woodfields Wood Molds???

jessiec

I know that Carebear has recently purchased molds from this company. I ended up ordering silicone logs from them yesterday. Please, if you have purchased their molds, how long did it take for you to receive them?

Also, how do you like them?

TIA

Mine were custom ordered and he said it would take 3 weeks to make. He then had them ready in 2 weeks, shipped, and I got them 3 days later.

For non-custom I don't know but he answers emails daily from my experience.

And would you believe I've had mine since the 20th and STILL haven't had a moment to soap in them? they look absolutely perfect, though.

I received an email from Larry this morning. The molds are in stock and he will be shipping them right away. He said that I can expect them in 3-4 days!!

.... this is top notch customer service!!!:yay: :yay: :yay:

Did you buy a custom slab or log?? I was looking to buy a custom slab but he said I'd have to buy 2 for him to do custom and they would be about $96 + shipping.

Not able to do 2 at that cost right now, but they look like fabulous molds!

I got custom logs. I had to order 3. But now they are no longer "custom" since he's done the setup work so anyone can order them and get just one.

If you want something and are in no hurry you can probably just wait and see if someone else asks first. Or do a group purchase - I bet he'd ship to multiple locations.

Just curious what size custom slab you were wanting. I could always use another mold.

Rae

Did you buy a custom slab or log?? I was looking to buy a custom slab but he said I'd have to buy 2 for him to do custom and they would be about $96 + shipping.

Not able to do 2 at that cost right now, but they look like fabulous molds!

How long should I expect the liner to last? Does this liner require seasoning? I am hooked on CP now and getting tired of lining molds. Tried high heat mylar and my last batch wanted to stick to it. The first batch came out easy. I have seen other molds where some never did get the soap to slide right out.

nope, no seasoning, no lining, no prep. after you peel it off your soap you can rinse it out if you want, that's about it (and you really don't have to).

and based on previous silicone mold experience I'd expect at least a few years out of it = or longer.

the soap doesn't slide out of the mold exactly - the soap + silicone liner slide out of the mold and you then kinda peel the liner off the soap.

Thank you, CB. I am new to CP. I have used silicone for tarts and such so I thought that is probably how it would work. So, this type is easier to work with than the Logan Bear type, which I think is like some type of cutting board plastic? At least my cutting boards look like they are made out of the same stuff. I have read several posts that these types require a lot of seasoning. I am new so I do not want to purchase something that I am going to be frustrated with. Plus $ for $ they are about the same.

Just curious what size custom slab you were wanting. I could always use another mold.

Rae

Hi Rae

This is what I was looking to get.

To make a mold 9 3/4"Lx9"Wx2"D (that gives you 12 bars 3 1/4"x2 1/4"x1 1/2" with 1/2" clearance at the top)

I also wouldn't mind it a little bigger to make maybe 18 bars, but I'm sure the cost would go up accordingly.

I ordered 2 custom block molds...17x13x3 from Woodfields. According to his email yesterday he is hoping they will be done next Friday which is exactly 4 weeks from ordering. He is very good about answering his emails at least once a day. I have 2 Silvermoons in this exact size and can't wait to get these 2. If they are as nice as everyone says I will be ordering 6 more immediatly....not taking the chance of another silicone mold supplier disappearing on me again before I get all the molds I need...LOL

I ordered 2 custom block molds...17x13x3 from Woodfields. According to his email yesterday he is hoping they will be done next Friday which is exactly 4 weeks from ordering. He is very good about answering his emails at least once a day. I have 2 Silvermoons in this exact size and can't wait to get these 2. If they are as nice as everyone says I will be ordering 6 more immediatly....not taking the chance of another silicone mold supplier disappearing on me again before I get all the molds I need...LOL

What are you going to use to cut these with?? How many bars will that make?

I have noticed that with large block molds the tops of your soaps are really on the side so to do layers or have stuff on top it is really on the side.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say??

What are you going to use to cut these with?? How many bars will that make?

I have noticed that with large block molds the tops of your soaps are really on the side so to do layers or have stuff on top it is really on the side.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say??

I use the FCS log splitter...this mold cuts into 4 logs and then into 68 bars. They look like they were made in a log mold. The bars are 3.25 (wide) x between 2.5-2.75 (tall) x 1" (thick) and cure out to a little over 4oz each.....about 4.3 ozs. I think I understand what you are saying but these bars look like they were cut off individual logs ..... as that is what this block mold cuts down into...3.25" wide logs and then bars. The top of the blocks are the tops of the soap.