seperation of layered M&P Help

beloved

:embarasse I melted and put in confette between layers i sprited with alcohol. It seemed fine untill I went to cut into bars. My layer come apart. what should I do now??? Can it be saved. the colors in the chukes or confette are: neon pink, blue, light green, and orange. Thanks for any help given. This is my second m p project. It is really fun

• 3 weeks later...

Did you just pour on the confetti then layer or was the confetti itself anchored in a base? Just curious.

With all of the colors you could just cube them and drop them into a white base so that when you cut it you have colored cubes. Or grate it into confetti like cheese and do the same thing with a clear or white base.

At the worst, you have a batch that comes out really scary looking but I'm sure you can use it for yourself or your family. That's where all my experiments that go bad end up.

• 2 weeks later...

I would try an extra hot layer of clear, white or whatever color you wanted to add between the layers... and then do not rush the cooling or put in the freezer, etc. And of course that would only work if each layer is solid in and of it's self. Usually though once one layer has cooled not even an alcohol spritz can make the next layer adhere. So it's a very intricate dance of timing at the time of adding layers. And one I can't always keep up with!

Depending on the size of the soap, for instance if it is a smaller guest soap or something, you can try plopping the two layers into a larger mold of a clear base, so that it becomes encased in a solid layer front back sides etc. I would still add some clear or white between the layers though. The extra hot-ness will help to break down the barrier/film that each solid layer now has.

Good luck and let us know what you decided to do and if you were able to save it and how it turns out:smiley2:

• 2 weeks later...

I chunked it up and poured hot clear in and as soon as i did that put in more chunks poured more hot and ect. untill it fill my 3 pd. mold. put in freezer for a few min. and it was saved. It helped that my color chunks were incased in clear. So when the hot soap hit it the only thing that melted a little was the clear.

Thanks for every ones help. I am relly new to melt and pour. It is so fun and yu can do so much more than yu can with cp.

again thanks to all