Got my Logan Bear Mold!

jessiec

I got my Logan Bear slab mold the other day, and soaped it up last night. I was so excited that my hands were actually sweating!!! I have to say that the craftsmanship is superb! I won't unmold them until tomorrow morning.... but so far, I am super duper happy!!

I am using the seasoning recommendations that Jeff made.....a bit of sticky here and there, but over all I'm very happy and each batch pops out better and better. This pic is of batch #2. :)

I would not hesitate to order from him again (and plan to!)

:)

dana

OK, here are pics of the mold in use and the finished product. I am pretty happy with it. This was the very first use and it is a fairly soft recipe, straight from the mold. I sprayed and rubbed it all down with mineral oil before using it and let it set for 24 hours. I also put it in the freezer for about 1/2 hour just for good measure. The sides came off very easily. The soap did stick in one small spot. The bottom seemed to be a litte tougher, but I was able to slide the soap off, leaving a nice, smooth finish to the bottom. The dividers gave me more trouble. I really had to work at them with pliers and then with just wiggling and bending back and forth.

I know that this mold needs seasoning and I am confident that it will get better with each seasoned use. I may have had to work at it a bit, but I got 18 beautiful bars for my efforts. I do plan on using my harder bar recipes until this is seasoned to my liking though. Overall, I think this is a good product so far and I look forward to using it again.

post-1478-139458455875_thumb.jpg

post-1478-139458455878_thumb.jpg

I had read of people having problems with sticking...I knew about the Pam or the mineral oil (I used Pam)...

Any how I emailed Jeff with questions before I poured my first batch...he is VERY good to work with and answer any questions and/or concerns!

Jessie those are gorgeous colors and swirls! Your soap looks awesome.

dana

Jeff said I could use either.....and I had the Pam on hand.

This is my first "real" mold experience so I've never tried mineral oil...I just used what I had handy and it works just fine.

For what ever reason, saponification doesn't seem to be an issue with the Pam...

I love your mold, what size are your bars?

dana

(who can't wait for her next LoganBear mold!)

ok... sounds like I'll be sticking with the mineral oil.

Dana, I have the 3.5 x 2.5 bars. I really do love this mold. I plan to use it again today. I am hopeful that it will just get better and better.