How much does dye affect wicking?

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but I'm new at this. So far, I've only made candles without any dye. I like the look of a natural candle, but it's getting a little boring. I thought I would add some liquid dye. How much does adding a little dye affect the wicking, ie. will I need to wick up? Do some colors wick easier than others. Which supplier's dye do you favor. Sorry for the multiple questions. TIA

Lisa

I like to use reddi-glo dye chips or dye flakes, I have found that if you dye too dark it can clog your wicks. I keep a log of my candles I make, wick type & size, color of dye, fragrance oil, how well it burned. Testing is the best way to find what works best for you.

Dang, I can't find it but I remember reading a post by Alan (anyone remember Alan?) who used 50 drops of dye and didn't affect the burn of the candle.

I don't think I have ever used more than 7 or 8 drops per pound and I know my dye hasn't affected the burn of my candle.

I have used pigment that will clog your wick in a heartbeat.

If you really want to know the answer to your question...test, test, test.

Dang, I can't find it but I remember reading a post by Alan (anyone remember Alan?) who used 50 drops of dye and didn't affect the burn of the candle.

I don't think I have ever used more than 7 or 8 drops per pound and I know my dye hasn't affected the burn of my candle.

I have used pigment that will clog your wick in a heartbeat.

If you really want to know the answer to your question...test, test, test.

Hey I remember him!! LOL!

I've used more than 30 before and didn't have to wick up or have clogs either.