Calculated wax costs with shipping...help...I can't decide what wax to use

Ok, so I guess I am the classic newbie who wants to try every wax she reads about...or I decide on one and then read more about it and change my mind. I know they all have pros and cons. So I went to a few major supplier's sites and calculated what the cost would be for a container wax with shipping to me. Here they are.

Peak- $101.60 for 45 lb ($2.25 pp after shipping)

JS- $137.51 for 42 lbs (Had my mind set on their 50/50, but the price is the worst.) (3.27 pp)

BC- $113.10 for 45 lbs (2.51 pp)

CS- $121.73 for 45 lbs (2.70 pp)

Swans- $77.93 for 44 lbs (1.77 pp)

I live in WA state and Swans is in Seattle area...and obviously is the least expensive. As a newbie...should I just try to use a wax from Swans because it's cheapest and I can occasionally drive there to pick up a shipment, or should I just use one of ther other well known suppliers and pay the shipping? The waxes at Swans are not your run of the mill 6006, 4627, or 4630...so it is hard to find info on them. Thanks for your advice.

Jamie

Personally, if I could pick up a wax vs. paying shipping, that'd be a no-brainer for me. Look at the price per pound spread between them and the next lowest supplier!

Just because they do not have products that are as well known does not mean that the wax they carry is more or less difficult with which to work - they simply have a smaller market. They have such a fine selection of "natural" waxes, I think I'd have a good time trying them all!!

Have you done a search for Swans on this board yet? If not, I would start there. If you don't find an answer about their wax, I would order a sample before I order a big box of it and do some testing. If you’re not sure which to order, call and talk with them about each wax you would be interested in. I think I would try them first because of the cost of shipping. Maybe even try a few of their FO’s while ordering. Good luck.

Pls don't call 6006, 4627, 4630 average run of the mill waxes. I have been using name-brand waxes for 7 yrs and only had one serious problem which was resolved. The problem with buying a no-name is what if the supplier goes out of business or quits carrying the wax. A lot of peeps on this board have had to start over

testing. Ck out Lone Star Candle, see what shipping would be with them. IMHO Carole

How about "Let It Shine" also in Seattle?? Their waxes are a little high, but 60# cases. They carry name-brand.

No, no I didn't mean "run of the mill" as in not good...I just meant that they don't have waxes that are as common as what a lot of people out there are using. I can search and find info on those other waxes and yes I would buy them in a heart beat if the supplier closest to me had them for sale.

I have only used the palm wax from Swans, which is very local to me here in Washington. I do love the fact that I can just go in to the store and get what I need and put it in the car and go. I can also just call ahead and they have it ready for me to pick up and will even stay open a bit later, at least here, if you are running late and say you are on your way. I have recently started buying oils and testing them and so far so good on all I've tried with that as well.

Thank you all for your advice. It's very valuable. I did buy from Swans the Acu-Para 30 container blend. It has some soy, but more parafin. I don't know what percent. I received the package in 2-3 days after placing my order. Very fast. And it's in slab form nice and soft...creamy looking, but haven't tried it yet. I work night shift right now so ofter my 2 days on this weekend, I will hopefully get to test. I was able to just slice it with a knife and wrapped it up in 1 lb blocks.