Help with Electric Turkey Fryer

Hi Guys, OK....

Either I am a day late & a dollar behind or I am going nuts!!?? I cannot find one anywhere...Checked Wal Mart in store and online from previous posts and cannot find. Checked Lowes & Home Improvement but to no avail. Looks Like Sams had at one time but no longer does. I got some big fundraisers and the prestos are killin me...Need to move along and save time..Can anyone help me locate one?? TIA for any help...

Belinda

Luminous Glow Candles

I was going to say Bed Bath & Beyond because they always have the 20% off coupon but I just checked their website and it says it is out of stock right now :sad2:

Otherwise you can go right to the Masterbuilt site but they are bit more $ than other places you can get them (if they were in stock at those other places!)

Sorry not much help!

I don't know how the heck anyone can use a turkey fryer for wax. I bought one and tried it out and almost burnt my house down. The wax smoked to the point where I had to open every window in my house, turn on every fan and for week the whole place smelled like plastic. Once the wax touched the exposed heating element it was over. Smoke city! I don't know how it would do with soy but I'll never do it again.

I read that you are supposed to melt wax first and cover the element? So what happens when the unused wax submerged under the element hardens and you turn it on again?

Maybe I did something wrong but I don't think they are a good idea.

If the element wasn't in the fryer and more like a presto pot I think it would be great.

I personally would not use this model for making candles. The electric ones are much safer.

Hi,

I work at a Museum, making candles in a field. I use a propane wax melter.

It's fun and a very rustic environment. Sometimes atmosphere brings out the artist in a person.

My theory as to why it smokes/burns when flakes are added to the burner is...

The flakes are melted one at a time. :shocked2::confused: Kinda like water drops sprinkled on heat they steam and disappear but a pot will heat nicely.

I hope you read all the advice before using your fryer. Like.....

make sure you have melted or solid wax over the coils before turning on. Tried to melt flakes more than one time it smokes and burns every time.:sad2:

turn on fryer, set temp to 150* then push start.:smiley2: You can up the temp after it melts a little. I never set temp over 200*, the temp registers about 25* cooler than what it is set on mine. I keep a candy thermometer hanging in my pot all the time.

if you just turn on and then hit the start button, the temperature will go to the highest setting. Smoking will occur at that point every time.:mad:

Try your KMart store they just might have one stuck up on a shelf in the fishing dept. But trying to find someone to get it down could be a problem.