EO blends w/ sweet basil for CP

Scented

Any suggestions on what this will go well with (excluding lavender)

A book I have suggests bergamot, frankincense, peppermint and rosemary. Only have bergamot in that list, but not really looking at making the scent more herbal.

Lavender and Basil together are wonderful. The basil really tones the lavender down so that it does not have such a strong floral undertone IMO.

I think a citrus (other than bergamot) would do nicely too. Make sure to anchor it with Litsea (patchouli works too) otherwise it might fade. A mint sounds nice to me as well.

Apparently I need to build my EO selection lol!

Patch lover w/o patch eo (imagine that) and I will have to land me some litsea too apparently. I have a spearmint though. Wonder how that would go with the basil? It sounds great though.

I would be more inclined to mix it with a peppermint than a spearmint. To me, the spearmint might be a bit sweeter than I would want. But, it could be very nice too. Its usually those blends that you think won't work that end up actually smelling nice. KWIM? Anise might be another one that might make a nice blend with sweet basil? Anise, lemon and basil sounds like it might wonderful to me!

I did a basil and peppermint soap. It smells great. It has held up over time too.

The problem I have with basil is sometimes it can get a dill pickle smell in some eo mixes.

Now I mix a few drops of what I think I want and let it sit for a few days. That will tell me if it is going to get the pickle smell or not.

Since I didn't have peppermint, I went with .9 basil, .15 spearmint (doesn't appear to be too much yet) and .05 bergamot. That isn't much bergamot, but it seemed to take a nip off the spearmint. It's all an experimental soap anyway, which will give me time to get more lavender and add some peppermint and other EOs.

Thanks for the suggestions from everyone!

Thanks Jeana for what to do when mixing too.

Since I didn't have peppermint, I went with .9 basil, .15 spearmint (doesn't appear to be too much yet) and .05 bergamot. That isn't much bergamot, but it seemed to take a nip off the spearmint. It's all an experimental soap anyway, which will give me time to get more lavender and add some peppermint and other EOs.

Thanks for the suggestions from everyone!

Thanks Jeana for what to do when mixing too.

Your welcome :)