Has anyone tried this wax IGI 4625?

I was hoping it could be used.I saw people tried 1343 which was 138 mp and 3% f/o retention. I was going to try 1343 since they were out of hurricane 163 mp, but saw that the preblend had 145 mp with nothing to add to the mix and had a higher mp than the 1343 and also a higher f/o retention. I am hoping it works, I may not have time to order more by Xmas. Maybe even if I have to go to a 3 watt bulb. I will let everyone know once I get all my supplies. I am hoping for next week.:smiley2:

Does anyone know about the silicone bulbs? I ordered some flicker bulbs (1 watt). Do they get as hot as the regular 5 watt bulbs? Or do they stay cooler since they flicker?

I don't know much about making electric candles, but isn't translucency and maximum glow-through what you want for that? I figured that was why people use straight paraffin. I suppose 4625 will still let some light through if it's not molded too thick, but I suspect that might be the main issue with using a pre-blend. They're opaque!

You could be right. This is my first time making them. They are actually for myself and for family members for Christmas. I am just looking for some primitive decor and good smelling scents for my house so I am not too worried about traslucency in this batch. I just wanted to make my own. I love to get into crafting my own stuff. So thought I'd try these, they look easy enough. I have only used soy before and all these different waxes had me puzzled. LOL

I am going to try hurricane wax next time. I won't tell my family members if you don't. LOL :wink2:

Thanks Breanna, at least I know now. I will go with a straight parrafin next time. You have to add additives to the straight parrafin wax when using, right? I am so glad I come here. I try to read as much as I can on wax, fragrances, etc. You guys are so helpful on here. I am very grateful for all of your help and advice in my beginning of candlemaking!! :grin2: Thanks to all!!