Worst Craft Fair EVER!!

BobbieLynn

Today was my first craft fair this season..well it was at a local church, and granted it wasn't going to be a huge sale, but when I was driving to the church I should've known something was wrong..There was absolutly no advertisements on the street or entrance..I basically would have passed it up if I wouldn't have been looking for it..Long story short..There were 15 people that walked in..Thats right 15! The rest were just us poor vendors walking around...I sold 2 candles..not 20..just 2! so, needless to say I didn't even make my booth fee back...Better luck next time I guess......:cry2:

I'm so sorry your show wasn't good. That's a tough break and must be very maddening to know it could have been better had they advertised or something. But, 15 people saw you and you never know what could come out of that. I bet your next show will be a great success.

Sorry you didn't have a better turn out...Not to sound negative, but did you do any advertising yourself?

I just hosted my first show last week and although I did the bulk of the advertising, I asked all who participated to do it as well. Some had already started without me asking. Just curious.

Well that sucks, I know how much work it is to set up for a show and tear down. I've said this before and I'll say it again....I do shows for the money, not for my health or good time, if I'm not going to walk away with a pocket full of money then it just isn't worth my time.

But don't give up, the next one could be 10x your booth fee. You will learn which shows to do and which ones not to do. Sort of trial and error.

Bobbielynn, that's the pitts! I have my first show on Dec 3 and I sure hope it's a good one cause if not I may have to apply for a second mortgage :tongue2: . Are you going to do anymore in the near future? (BTW is noticed that you are in Lewisville TX, I graduated from there about a million years ago!)

I'm sorry the church didn't advertise their craft fair better. Bummer! I did my first craft fair last weekend and although it's highly advertised, I spent a little extra money (not much because I got the cards from a promotional deal on Vistaprint) and mailed postcards to everyone on my business mailing list, letting them know that I was entered in the craft fair and to come visit me. Handed them out to my co-workers, too. I had many people visit me just from receiving my postcard, some saying they would have completely forgotten about the craft fair had I not sent the cards out. Food for thought.

Sorry to hear about the show:cry2: I did a two day show last weekend and barely made my booth fee. There were lots of people but, not one was buying. I had a "After Craft Show" sale at work and did very well with that. Keep your head up.:smiley2:

I too feel your pain. I did my first show yesterday and it was a bomb. It was supposed to be so good, but everyone there said that they didn't make much money. I got 3xs my fee, but I only sold 4 candles. The rest was all other stuff that I brought. Oh well, better luck next time.