keeping aroma beads...

Jen0305

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about storing aroma beads. I have read threads about the different types of plastics to use, but my question is when I make them, how long do I have to sell them...is it possible to keep an inventory on aroma beads?:confused:

Does everyone make them as they get the orders????I am placing the finished beads in organza bags then placing the bags in a ziplock bag and vacuum sealing them to keep the air out(does that even work)?????:confused: I buy my aroma beads from cajun and using their FO's and CS's Fo's...if anyone could help me out, I would greatly appriciate it!!! I just dont want to waste any supplies if they will not last ...TIA

Jennifer

THANK YOU BOTH!!! for your reply!!!!! I guess I am making more work for myself:rolleyes2 I just want the beads to last for my customers... so, I guess it does not matter how long I keep them for (as long as they are kept in a dry cool place?!) before selling. Thank you again

Jennifer

I have never kept them in plastic....I keep them in glass jars....and refill from there I have never had to refresh them.

I too have been making them for several years. Most I have had them is about 5-6 months.

polypropelene is good when it comes to cellophane bags for wrapping scented finished products, so I would guess that would be best. I just hope someone joins in because im still wondering if my plastic container i have my aroma beads stored in is safe before it is too late. I have read that to keep your aroma beads longer you can store them in HDPE or Pet containers, but im not sure if thats true either.

My experience has been...if you can smell them, the scent is evaporating. I store mine in glass, air tight containers and they remain just fine, some for well over a year or two! (The only one that has lost some fragrance is the one I used an EO to fragrance.) When I have stored them in plastic ziplock bags, they have lost their scent, or it has significantly weakened. They will last a little longer in polypro bags. HOwever, if you want to keep them the longest, I would go with glass and store in cool, dry place out of sunlight. ....And yes, I have dealt with the beads for years, too. HTH

My experience has been...if you can smell them, the scent is evaporating. I store mine in glass, air tight containers and they remain just fine, some for well over a year or two! (The only one that has lost some fragrance is the one I used an EO to fragrance.) When I have stored them in plastic ziplock bags, they have lost their scent, or it has significantly weakened. They will last a little longer in polypro bags. HOwever, if you want to keep them the longest, I would go with glass and store in cool, dry place out of sunlight. ....And yes, I have dealt with the beads for years, too. HTH

I keep them in ziplock containers with the twist top without any problems. I keep them in glass too, but once I ran out of glass.

I don't make them in the containers but transferred them after a couple of weeks when they were already dry.

I agree!

Plastic, any type, will eventually absorb the scent, thereby weakening the aroma of the beads.