Color for Nag Champa

I've heard that the box the "real" Nag Champa comes in is white with red letters so I've made them red. (OK so you didn't want that color) but it also says "nature" to me, (yes after sniffing FO for a while they will talk to you) :D so I have also made them a light brown/tan color.

Karen B

Scented...you're probably right...however, I've seen it packaged in blue and white boxes on an Indian website and the incense has been brown. It's probably packaged different ways in different places. It's no biggy...I was just explaining why I colored mine brown...that's all. I wasn't trying to be a Miss Know-It-All...I hope you didn't take it that way. ;)

You can do it any color you want, that's the fun of being the one in charge!! :D

I'm getting ready to make some nag champa candles for my daughter and I'm making them to match her house-black and red!! She's got an oriental theme going on. ;)

Edited to add:

(yes after sniffing FO for a while they will talk to you)
I totally agree with this, I sniff and sniff the FO I plan on using, and wait for it to "talk" to me. LOL

Just me, but I always try to color my candles somewhat related to the fragrance. I don't burn nag champa type incenses, but if you consider a "nag champa" is a true incense (there are many knockoffs from my understanding), then the base is probably sandalwood. Look up the tree "Santalum Album" and you can use the color of the wood or the flowers.

http://www.faeriebelievers.com/newsletter/2003/april/sandalwood_flower.jpg

http://www.righteouswoods.net/Graphics/Mini_Graphics/Sandalwood_log_mini.jpg

HTH