Any of you use FOs in mop water?

Darbla

Wasn't sure where to ask this, but since I mean for it to scent your house and there's no wick, I put it under wickless.

Do any of you add FOs to mop water? I've been adding lavender EO to orange floor cleaner for years, but I haven't tried any FOs. Logically that's exactly what's in the Pine Sol and other brands of scented cleaners, so I guess it wouldn't hurt. But I had an instance where I spilt a commercial brand liquid potpourri room scent on the floor and it took some of the finish off my concrete floors. Also I spilt alcohol once that I was using to clean a mirror on the wall, and even though I immediately wiped it up it still ruined the finish in those spots.

I wouldn't try it either. Have you ever put FO into a plastic Solo cup and saw how it eats that plastic up? I wouldn't even try it diluted in mop water. Just buy some already fragranced floor cleaner and leave it up to the professional chemical companies to leave your floors smelling clean and fresh. :)

What's a mop? LOL

LOL

I've tried this Darbla. I added a tiny bit of Island Fresh Gain from NG to my plain mop water with no bad results, only a clean smelling house!

I have linoleum rug floors and it didn't affect it at all.

But I prefer mopping with vinegar and water... gives a great shine to a dull linoleum rug. You just have to get past the douche smell. Ugh.