Cheapest place for cc processing

Jeana

I would like something to process online purchases. I checked with my bank and they seem outrageous. $400 for a set up fee, $20 monthly hosting fee with a $35 minimum. Then there is the transaction fees of 2.3% + .20. It looks like this is through Evalon.

They didn't mention if they had a contract or if this is month to month. This seems way too steep. Isn't there a cheaper way?

I am going to try propay. I have heard that it's good and it's cheap too. I think $25 a year, but don't quote me on that. All processing is done online. I don't know if it would work for you and your application, but you should check it out.

I have used ProPay for the past year and a half, and it works great. I pay about $60.00 per year for the premium plan that accepts the 4 major credit cards. I think the transaction fee is about 3.25%, +.35. There are no monthly minimums, but there is a maximum of $3000.00 per month. There is also a basic plan that accepts VISA/MC only, and costs less per year. I highly recommend using ProPay!

So is this it? https://epay.propay.com/ I'm with Intuit and they are killing me, I pay $49 a month and I have to sell a minimum of $25. When I stared taking payments online it went from $39 to $49 and that was the last straw. I'm loosing money while I'm trying to get my site organized.

I have used ProPay for the past year and a half, and it works great. I pay about $60.00 per year for the premium plan that accepts the 4 major credit cards. I think the transaction fee is about 3.25%, +.35. There are no monthly minimums, but there is a maximum of $3000.00 per month. There is also a basic plan that accepts VISA/MC only, and costs less per year. I highly recommend using ProPay!

Thanks everyone. Now I have to get busy researching. Definitely not the fun part of this job.

So what is the difference of using pay pal and using an actual CC merchant? Is pay pal cheaper?

Thanks everyone. Now I have to get busy researching. Definitely not the fun part of this job.

So what is the difference of using pay pal and using an actual CC merchant? Is pay pal cheaper?

You don't have as many rules as paypal, and don't have to worry about your funds being locked up.:P