Mexican Vanilla

Trappeur

I can't seem to find the post where I read where the best place to buy the strongest mexican vanilla is...I want to try out some pure vanillas like an extract...Been looking for over an hour....Even on the scent forum looking but tooooo many choices.....sigh.....I know this has been posted a million times, but could use a few suggestions one last time......I received a sample of very vanilla from Candle Science as that scent everyone loves.....but I was very disappointed in it to say the least...hardly any throw......I usually use BC Vanilla Bean Supreme....Just hoping for a stronger one...Thanks.

Trappeur

Thanks Felix/Charlie...I finally found the post(s).......

From going thru all so many posts this is what I arrive at as being the best scents that most everyone uses and suggests so I have a lot of choices for samples to get....I narrowed it down in order for the best vanilla as I took a poll! lol....

#1 Choice: Just by Nature: Mexican Vanilla

(Everyone Loves this scent)

Next: Candle Science: Very Vanilla

(I just tested this in quite a few candles I made

of which I use C-3 and got no throw)...hmmm

Next: Just Scents: Vanilla Bean Noel

Next: Natures Garden: Vanilla Extract

Next: Wildwoods: Mrs. Randy's Vanilla

Next: Tennessee: Vanilla Bean Noel

Next: Candle Cocoon: Vanilla Voodoo

Next: Greenleafs: Mexican Vanilla

Next: Heartfelts: Simply Vanilla

Next: Willow Woods: French Vanilla

Next: Daystar: I forgot what vanilla...lol

Next: Cajun Candle? Vanilla Silk

Vanilla Bake

Next: Bittercreek: Vanilla Bean Supreme

Vanilla Extract

Next: Texas Candle Sup: Richest Vanilla

I didn't see anything really for Millcreek and Peaks and I know they are great companies...

Well I have a good start.....

Trappeur

I am surprised to hear that you were not happy with VV from CS. I use it in C3 and have had great luck with it. I use it in the 8 oz jj size. Interesting. My only complaint is that is causes my tins to rust and I can't use it for them. When I first got VV, I hated it OOB but once I put it in wax, I loved it. I'm a vanilla person though.

Deb

Hi Deb,

Yes, I'm a vanilla person too and after so many rave reviews I just couldn't wait to get it....And they are a great company to deal with and it just smelled so awesome as all their scents do and just couldn't get it to work....Even in melts and for sure they should have had a scent, but didn't...Just disappointing......Do you let it cure for a long time? I waited 3 days.....Wonder if it needs a long cure time?

Trappeur

I use 1.5 pp with no dye. It is a scent that gets better with curing. I used to use it in a soy/paraffin mixture and it was awesome. It is not as strong in the C3 but still good. Please post if you find one that throws awesome in the C3. I am always willing to smell yet another vanilla!

Deb

I also hated the very vanilla from CS. I made it anyway and could not sell it. It does not smell like vanilla at all to me. BUT, I just tried CS vanilla frosting. It is strong and very close to the real vanilla extract. The name Mexican Vanilla is just a name. If you want a good vanilla. try CSs vanilla frosting, or vanilla extract from BCS is good and strong. Smells wonderful. They are both close in scent. NGs vanilla extract smells like Baileys Irish Creme. Smells good, but not vanilla. Just my opinion. Also CS people, I love the CS buttercream, but when I poured the vanilla frosting I could smell it over the buttercream by far. I know the vanilla is new, just letting you know. :yay:

Well, thanks everyone....I will try adding a little more scent than 1 oz and see how that works and I'm going to get a sample of the vanilla frosting to and try a few others too....I'll post my results! Thanks.

Trappeur

I just tried CS vanilla frosting. It is strong and very close to the real vanilla extract.

Does the vanilla frosting throw well in soy both hot and cold? I am willing to change. Trappeur has me thinking that the VV throw is in my head maybe. I am going to send out some testers to friends and get their opinions. I swear, sometimes I think I will never smell normally again. I can't imagine how my dog feels.:rolleyes2

Deb

I took a Very Vanilla candle to work today so I could burn it in a different environment besides by house. I thought my candle nose might stay home. My office is about 15 x 15 and the door stays open. After about two hours of burning, the scent was really strong. At three hours, I couldn't wait to blow it out ( the scent was good but I had had enough). It was an 8 oz. jj and was made about a month ago. I left it at work so I could keep testing. Just thought I would share.

Deb

I, too, am a fan of Very Vanilla in C3 (+USA)!! It's almost unbearably strong at 1 oz pp! We cure for at least 48 hours before testing and usually don't sell the candles for about 5-7 days after pouring.

Other 'nillas that have worked well for us in C3 are SOS's Vanilla Supreme and JBN's Mexican Vanilla. VV and Vanilla Supreme are our customers' favorite.

Trapp,

Please try this again after your candle cures for a week or so. Another thing I found with VV is that you actually have to wick it down (I do anyway) instead of up like you usually do for a vanilla. Since you do wick it down, your melt pool is smaller and you need to wait a good hour or two on the first burn to to get a lot of scent going. This is actually my lowest wicked candle.

HTH

Deb

I use ecos. For most of my FOs in jjs, I use Eco 10s but for VV, it gets an Eco 8. I have a few others that are wicked down to an 8, mostly summer scents. I tested Honeysuckle Jasmine from CS with my usual 10 and it wasn't that bad but a little sooty and hot at the end. I am now testing it with an 8 to see if I can fix that. I was really surprised about the very vanilla because I assumed it would be a heavier scent and had a bit of a time with it originally. I was using LX wicks when I first got the VV and I found it was true for the LX too. Very Vanilla is my only scent that I don't add dye to.

Deb

Just to throw another vanilla in the mix. I use c&s's vanilla pods @1.5oz.(that's just what i use) pp. in gb415. It is finally the vanilla i've been looking for, for years.

Just a note: millcreek's extreme vanilla is very close to cs's very vanilla, if not the same oil. I also get a great throw from mc's french vanilla. It smells like vanilla ice cream to me.

Is whipped cream(BCS) considered a vanilla? I use the C3 also and made me a big(quart) size candle with it and it is strong! I am not too much of a vanilla person(at least never used to be) until now..I love that fo! :cheesy2:

Kimmeroo:smiley2: