Revised Label - Thanks to your help guys!! :)

Okay.. I posted a label a few days ago and asked for opinions.. got em.. and made some adjustments according to what you thought needed changed.

Here is the revised edition. Thank you guys so much for all of your input!! It is greatly appreciated. :yay:Let me know what ya think.

post-10433-139458454557_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys!! I had a different butterfly on there first, and others suggested it looked like a moth, and one said it looked dead lmao! After looking at it a bit more I believe they were right.. so I changed it.. lol

I Love it!!!! The butterfly effect is soooo cool! Are you printing on black labels or printing the black? If printing, it must cost a small fortune!!!

Well, I'm not quite sure yet.. I was hoping to print myself on the inkjet, but I still need to pick up a new color cartridge for it.. which will probably get rather pricey. I was also going to see what it would cost to submit the design and have it done by someone else.. but that's a good thought about using black labels.. hmm.. thanks for the idea!! I hadn't thought of that route! :shocked2: Like most others I have limited funds so that's probably a more efficient method...

Check out dunwoodybooth. They had some decent pricing, but wouldn't work for me, as I like my scent on my label and I do soo many different types of candles, that I could not go that avenue. They do a nice job though....and they also do bags and such.

Very pretty. Elegant, sharp, and crisp. But I have to say, the pic of the butterfly looks like a moth to me. But makes sense to have a moth-looking butterfly.... moths are attracted to light/flame... hence your company name, Serenity by Candlelight. KWIM? :)

Very pretty. Elegant, sharp, and crisp. But I have to say, the pic of the butterfly looks like a moth to me. But makes sense to have a moth-looking butterfly.... moths are attracted to light/flame... hence your company name, Serenity by Candlelight. KWIM? :)

I was going to say it really still looks like a moth (I replied to your last post about the moth thingy), but as CBE says, maybe the moth thing is a good thing....:)

Carrie

Thanks everyone!

I too still think it looks a bit like a moth.. a butterflies wings are a bit more spread I think.. but at least this one doesn't look dead or depressed lol..!

You know.. CBE and Candlelady.. I agree with the motherfly/buttermoth (lol) being attracted to light so I think I will probably stick with this one..

The one thing that did concern me was how dark the whole thing is.. but no one seems to think it is too dark so that's relieved some of that concern for me.. and its a soft darkness, not abrupt and empty I think.

Originally I had thought to try to fit a lit candle in the background, just kinda faded in.. but I think that might get to busy ya know?

Thanks again everyone (Ring of Fire too!!) I appreciate your input!!

And JokerJen I thank you for the referral to DunWoody Booth.. I am looking into their pricing!

Awesome group here!

I really like it. Unfortunately, if you are going to print them yourself, you have no choice but to print the black on a white background. There are no white ink cartridges out there. NOW, a print shop CAN do that, but it gets expensive. They don't actually print the white, as much as they have a system that actually transfers a white "membrane" type over the black background. Here is another idea though. How about reversing it. I tried to attach a photo of it, but I don't have a URL for it. But it looks nice (at least to me.)

C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5Csgalante%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5CAdobe%5Cinverted.jpg

I really like it. Unfortunately, if you are going to print them yourself, you have no choice but to print the black on a white background. There are no white ink cartridges out there. NOW, a print shop CAN do that, but it gets expensive. They don't actually print the white, as much as they have a system that actually transfers a white "membrane" type over the black background. Here is another idea though. How about reversing it. I tried to attach a photo of it, but I don't have a URL for it. But it looks nice (at least to me.)

C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5Csgalante%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5CAdobe%5Cinverted.jpg

You know I actually do like the reversed look too.. I haven't tried it with the label itself, but I did make a banner that was similar.. is this like what you mean?? The colors aren't exact, but I feel that they still match..

If you can find a way to get it up here, or the URL that would be great too.. :)

post-10433-139458454561_thumb.jpg

They don't actually print the white, as much as they have a system that actually transfers a white "membrane" type over the black background.

I have my labels printed at a place that does banners and signs and they DO actually print white ink. Depends on what type of equipment the printer has. It runs about $6 a square foot...

I have my labels printed at a place that does banners and signs and they DO actually print white ink. Depends on what type of equipment the printer has. It runs about $6 a square foot...

Coco.. do you mind my asking where you get them done? I'd be interested in checking them out. :) Thanks!

Another option if you really do want the black background and don't plan on adding color is to pick up an inexpensive black & white laser printer. The $$ you would save on replacement ink jet cartridges would pay for the printer itself in no time. I had picked up a clearance color laser a couple of years ago and it has paid for itself many times over by now with my business as well as my husband's using it. The added bonus with a laser printer is that you don't have to worry about the ink running as much if you are at an outside show & it gets damp. The laser toner sticks much better.

Just a thought. If that is the route you want to go keep your eyes open and be patient. I picked one up for my day job on sale last fall for about $70 and the replacement toner cartridge is only $25-30.

MParadise.. thanks for your suggestion! I actually do have a laser jet that is black and white only.. but I'd like to keep the purplish hue the label has to it... although If I were to reverse it like javaeboy suggested, I might be able to pull that off...

Definitely something to consider. :) Thanks again! :cheesy2:

Wow Javaeboy I really like that!! That looks good! Thank you..!

It certainly would be less expensive for printing.. and I could probably just do that myself..

I was also thinking about going with a frosted clear label, in which case that would be perfect actually, even just as is without any color..

very nice!

What do you all think? Which looks better to you.. which would you be more drawn to as a consumer? :)

Thanks Meredith! I really thought it was funny.. I actually laughed when I read that commend about it looking dead..

He must have gone too far into the light!! LMAO..

Now just to decide.. to go with the dark side or the light side.. :naughty:

Again, thanks to all of your guys's help.. It has been very appreciated!! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...