Tried Marbled

dayglow

I think the pink and purple looks cool - a psychedelic 60's thing going on there.

I can't marble worth a **** so I stopped trying. Now if I want something like that I make 2 batches of the same scent that are colored differently, let them cool until they start to get thick and pour them at the same time into one mold. I get 2 colors kind of swirled together, and I don't yank out of my hair in frustration.

DanaE

What you might try is when you are filling the mold with wax, pull it away from the mold itself and drop dye into the melted wax. That's how I get some of my big splotches of color.

Could also take a spoon or something, dive down into the wax and give it a good stir, sometimes moving it around brings the color to the surface as well.

But I likes lots!!! :grin2:

I can't marble worth a **** so I stopped trying. Now if I want something like that I make 2 batches of the same scent that are colored differently, let them cool until they start to get thick and pour them at the same time into one mold. I get 2 colors kind of swirled together, and I don't yank out of my hair in frustration.

DanaE

That's what I've been doing. But I'm going to try Candle Kitty's method too.

One problem I find with these is that they don't hug smoothly. They kind of crumble which I assume is cause of the cooler pouring temp. I'm slow at it and the wax gets a little too cool. Hopefully, the more I practice the better I will get.

That's what I've been doing. But I'm going to try Candle Kitty's method too.

One problem I find with these is that they don't hug smoothly. They kind of crumble which I assume is cause of the cooler pouring temp. I'm slow at it and the wax gets a little too cool. Hopefully, the more I practice the better I will get.

Pam, after you pour the two colors, hit the outside of the mold all the way around with a heat gun until it feels really warm. Then you get a nice smooth surface, but it doesn't melt the wax enough to completely blend the colors :)

DanaE

The last one I made, I did use the heat gun on the outside of the mold but it still crumbles when hugged but maybe a little more of the heat gun. And I think I'm also getting the wax a little too stiff -- I'll keep at it till I get it right.