fbb has hard things in it

Lyndsay

I've had this experience with the most recent batch of FBB I received.

I'm not sure what's going on with the grainy bits, but I've never experienced it before in previous batches I purchased.

I still haven't found a solution to it. So I just "enhance" the graininess by adding some jojoba beads or little bit of apricot kernel meal for light exfoliation.

Sometimes, you have to work with what you got. lol

A friend of mine bought some "whipped body mousse" and loved it. She asked if I could make her some. I looked at the ingredients and ALL IT IS is fbb!!!!!!!!!! So I whipped some and ugh, the grains. Im not sure if they melt or not ...and although I do want to add some sugar to make a scrub, I also wanted to use this just whipped.

I call and this is what they told me that the grainy things are little crystals that form during the cooling process when making the fbb. They said by warming the butter slightly before whipping it should take care of the grainy texture. The graininess will not affect the texture of salt and sugar scrubs.

If this does not solve the problem let me know and I will find out if there is anything I can do.