useless

I have 65.00 in air freshner blanks that I need colored I have tried everything I can think of. colors leave a mark , markers stink, food coloring leaves it too wet and soggy, so I went out a bought soap die nope not going to work either it takes too long and too much to cover them plus it is leavig an odor also. any help would be nice before I have to sell thses things and buy more of the already died ones..

thanks,

that girl :sad2::cry2:

I'm going out on a limb here, because I've never tried to make these, but do you suppose that you could mix liquid candle dye drops into the fragrance oil that you brush on, and color them that way? When I was looking at the website that sells these, I remember thinking at the time that I didn't see how their coloring suggestions would work. It would get all streaky when you brushed the fragrance oil on after they were colored. Let us know if you find a solution, because I would like to try these myself sometime.

I'm going out on a limb here, because I've never tried to make these, but do you suppose that you could mix liquid candle dye drops into the fragrance oil that you brush on, and color them that way? When I was looking at the website that sells these, I remember thinking at the time that I didn't see how their coloring suggestions would work. It would get all streaky when you brushed the fragrance oil on after they were colored. Let us know if you find a solution, because I would like to try these myself sometime.

That's how I do mine. But it only take a tiny bit of dye to get the color you want.

I had no clue how to make them, but I mixed dpg with FO and used a toothpick amount of candle dye right in the DPG/FO mix. The colors were consistant, but the scent only lasted about 2 weeks for me. I may apply the FO mixture twice next time and see if it lasts longer. I was only making 1 at a time for a few friends to try so I mixed the FO in metal tealight cups. They are cheap and the FO couldn't eat through it. The only other small cups I have are plastic.

I use the liquid soap water based dye.....it does smell somewhat, but not once they are completely dry. They do take awhile to do, but the color is uniform and in my case, dark, since thats the color I wanted. I purchased some small spray bottles from Oak Court where I got the blanks, and apply my fo that way. There may be a better way, but these come out SO cute, I hate to mess with a good thing. My friend has used the liquid candle color mixed with the fo and she didn't like it since the colors were more "streaky". She didn't say what color or fo she was using, so don't know if that had anything to do with the "streaky" or not.