Seasonal Candles...How far in advance...

Anytime you can get your candles made up early is a great time saver. But then you also have to store them until the season starts.

I start thinking about my spring line in December. I start preparing for Fall in Summer, etc. I don't think you are thinking about it too early. Now is a good time to start getting ready for Summer.

With colored layered containers, I have had a problem with colors bleeding through to the untinted (white) wax during storage. For some reason the red really wants to migrate into white and turns it pink.

I wait to make these until 2 weeks prior to sale. They look fine.

With colored layered containers, I have had a problem with colors bleeding through to the untinted (white) wax during storage. For some reason the red really wants to migrate into white and turns it pink.

I wait to make these until 2 weeks prior to sale. They look fine.

Thats a shame about the colors bleeding. Won't UV inhibitor help? Does it matter how long you wait between pouring layers?

I would love if more people had some things available all year at craft fairs ect. I have a friend that is obsessed with Halloween but her b-day is in July. Almost every year she says "I wish I could get some Halloween stuff for my birthday". On the plus side, if I can find it it's usually super cheap because it's from last years supply

Thats a shame about the colors bleeding. Won't UV inhibitor help? Does it matter how long you wait between pouring layers?

UV help with colors fading - but not the migrating. Rather than picking this battle and trying to "make it work" I just decided to slide these particular pours to the end of my schedule. Then again, my experience was with soy. Glass Glow, being a harder wax, may not have this problem

For me it depends on what I'm trying to do.

If I'm doing any testing for fall or winter fo's, I'll start testing in August. Spring and summer fo testing starts in January.

Any candles that are retailable and don't need any changes are made anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks ahead depending on how popular they are.

Kimberly

Judy, I haven't had trouble with colors migrating in my layered soy candles, but I usually am using rather pastel shades and liquid dyes - dunno if that makes a difference. I would sure be frustrated, too, after all the tedious work of making layered candles!!:undecided

I am always late. Then the holiday slips up on me, and I am running. I think anytime you want to do them and put them back, the more power to ya. I can see by what I am reading, that I need to get busy. I do have my Easters candles made. Yeah! I made a three layer one with strawberry cream, orange cream, coconut cream. It is called Easter Eggs. It is precious and real good seller. :yay: