Cinnamon in lip balm

Jeana

Do any of you use cassia or cinnamon in your lip balms? I was playing with some orange, vanilla, and cassia eo in a lip balm today. The cassia makes it sweeter, it tastes like a red hot candy. I was wondering if the kind of hot tingle might be a problem for some people though.

Cassia is GRAS, so it isn't a problem to use it as long as you're careful. Sometimes oils in balms get stronger over time, so you'll want to do extended testing on your formulation before offering it for sale.

Lots of folks really like the tingle of mints in lip balms, so I imagine they might go for cinnamon too. It's not my thing, but I never was a "Carmex" kind of gal, so what do I know about it? :)

Thanks for the replys :)

I made a sample for myself today and it is sooooo good. I did the orange vanilla and cassia. I only used 3 drops cassia, 10 drops vanilla, and 7 drops orange. It is really sweet. I'm not getting too much of a tingle, but I still need to back off the cassia cuz it overpowers the other two.

I also did a lemon lime and peppermint. I love that one too. At first you taste citrus, then the peppermint kicks in.